- Views 2,217
- Sales 4
What you get with this Hourlie
There are a number of different methods that can be used for uploading products, with the simplest (and often most accurate) being to manually add the products. Of course, if you aren't well versed in the E-Commerce software, it can also prove very time consuming.
Another popular method is uploading products via CSV. This is often a quick way to get items onto the store itself, however in all of the major E-Commerce platforms there are issues with the uploading of product descriptions and the way that these are formatted on the site. With Magento and OpenCart in particular - if you want your description to contain multiple paragraphs or HTML code - this will not upload properly using a CSV file. Should the products then upload with broken descriptions, they then need to be edited manually, costing you more time.
Realising how much of an issue uploading products was, I developed an in-house team which we have been running now for almost 2 years, uploading 500-2000+ products for each of our clients in a fast and reliable manner.
To give you an idea of what can be done in a day, here's what's possible:
* If all of your product data is available to-hand and you have the images as well, we can run at 30-40 products per hour (200-300 products uploaded per 8 hour day).
* If you are missing images / other data for the products, this would need to be sourced during the project and can mean we end up running at 15-25 products per hour instead. (120-200 products uploaded per 8 hour day).
Thanks for taking the time to read the description and view my hourlie. We are usually available to start within one business day. Please contact me to find out our current work schedule.
What the Seller needs to start the work
To work on your project, we'll need the following information on your products (where relevant):
* SKU (this is the unique identifying code in your stock system)
* Product Name
* Product Description
* Tax Class
* Product Image(s)
* Quantity in stock
The above describes a basic product and would be best presented on an Excel spreadsheet. We can also deal with complex products too, such as those with colour or size options. In these situations, more data would be required and I will let you know exactly what we need before we start work.
In addition to the product details, we would also need the following:
* Admin login to your E-Commerce store
* FTP login to upload images efficiently