- Views 71
- Sales 3
What you get with this Hourlie
Of course 10,000 simultaneous requests would correspond to a much higher number of visitors on your site. When I'm generating traffic I'm not trying to simulate how long a person views a single page before requesting the next one. On most sites at any given time most visitors will be looking at content rather than requesting new content.
It's a very basic single core, 1 GB RAM virtual machine on shared tenancy. It costs me four Euro a month and it runs my book website and BOINC software in its spare time. So as far as web-servers go this is a very humble one and it's even being forced to donate its spare compute cycles to help cure cancer and find evidence of neutron stars.
A content delivery network (CDN) is a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver webpages and other Web content to a user based on the geographic locations of the user, the origin of the webpage and a content delivery server.
I will help you set up a free Cloudflare account and configure the advanced page rules settings so that it caches your Wordpress site.
I'll also help you to set up the "Cache-Control" plugin and help you set it up so that Wordpress tells Cloudflare how long to cache each sort of content for.
By the end of this hourlie you will have:
1. A free account with Cloudflare that is configured to cache your static content
2. Page rules on Cloudflare that will cache your pages and articles
3. A Wordpress plugin that lets you configure how long your content should be cached for, subject to the limitations of your free Cloudflare account
What the Seller needs to start the work
I will need:
1. The name of your domain
2. A temporary password to your Cloudflare account for me to set up the page rules
3. A temporary user on your Wordpress site for me to install the plugin
Numbers 2 and 3 are optional - I'm happy to give you step-by-step instructions on what to do if you don't want to give me access. I just ask that if you do give me access that you please change your password *before* doing so.