We will have 2 sheets of the same format but from different time periods. For the sake of clarity, lets call these the Raw Data sheets 1 and 2. Column A will list an institution and columns B-AC will have numeric data about that institution. In some cases, an institutions or data may not be present on one of the two sheets: Raw Data sheet 1 and 2 . If an institution wasn't added until 2016 it won't be present in 2015, for example.
The task required is to build a template to allow me to easily generate a nice looking report from the data given. My basic need is to take the raw data sheets which list a bunch of institutions and common data about those institutions, and then run good looking reports for each individual institution as required.
This will likely involve the following steps, though as a non-excel expert, I'm open to someone offering different methods.
1. Process the raw data. The raw data might list something like visits to a page on a website. There may be 10 pages listed. Using this data we will want to process sums, averages, % of, etc.. from the raw data to be presented in the final data. For example if column D,E and F are numbers of variations of widget type 1, I would want to know the % breakdown of variations for widget type 1. Nothing complex.
2. Data comparison. Once we have the basic calculations we will need to run comparisons between Raw Data sheets 1 and 2. For example we might want to show growth over time.
3. Final data. Selected measurements and comparisons need to be put in a chart format. This is the final data.
4. Data editing. I want the ability to edit the final data. So if a graph is 21%,39%,40%, I may edit it to 20/40/40
5. Data graphing and presentation by institution. The data, following edits, would be demonstrated by a final printable report supported with graphs where appropriate.
If this is the kind of thing you can help with please send me a proposal. I will then shortlist the candidates and provide a sample of the data along with specific requirements so that you can make sure that this is something you can do. I would propose you give me your hourly rate and once you see the actual project, you can quote on the number of hours.
Login to your account and send a proposal now to get this project.Log in
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Would it be possible at all to share example 'raw data' sheets and removing the client data? From that we can then analyse the types of comparisons that could be possible, and return with a better understanding and such response to your requirements?