Experienced Structural Engineer educated in an extensive field of structures, heavy and light, in various structural materials.
I possess a good understanding of today’s marketmore...Experienced Structural Engineer educated in an extensive field of structures, heavy and light, in various structural materials.
I possess a good understanding of today’s market design changes. I reply to technical questions quickly and recognize good engineering opportunities to adjust to existing designs to make them fit for purpose. Skilled in most design analysis software, report-writing, man-hour and cost estimation, and producing work packages.
My basic skills are:
• analysing configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
• calculating the pressures, stresses, and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
• considering the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel, and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
• liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
• examining structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
• making drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
• working with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
• liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
• applying expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
• using CAD technology for simulation purposes.
Experienced in design and analysis of building structures using SAP2000, ETABS, STAAD, CSC TEDDS, PROKON and SAFE to resist forces such as earthquakes, human use, and wind.