UK TAX IR35 for foreign resident

  • Posted:
  • Proposals: 1
  • Remote
  • #11872
  • Expired
James H. has already sent a proposal.
  • 0


Experience Level: Expert
This is my current situation -

1. I have been living in France since February 2007. My sole residence is there and my family lives there. My daughter also goes to school there.
2. I currently work for a UK company and do all my work in the UK I commute back every week to the UK.
3. I want to continue to work for the UK company but from home in France. French tax advice I obtained seems clear that my tax liability would be 100% in France and that my current employer would also have to pay French social charges. This is not an option considering how much French employer contributions are.
4. So what I am investigating is invoicing my employers using a company formed somewhere outside the UK where company tax rates are lower.
5. This company would then pay me a small basic salary in France and then the remainder would be paid as dividends.
6. From a French tax perspective this looks feasible as dividends paid from abroad get quite generous allowances in France.

So my concerns would be:

1. Am I at risk of falling under IR35? I think not considering that my personal tax liability would be 100% in France as I would be working where I have permanent residence. But I need to be certain of this
2. What is the best option with respect to forming and using a company to invoice my employers (who will become my clients) and paying me a salary and dividends?

If you need futher information, please message me on the clarification board.


New Proposal

Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this job.

Sign up

Clarification Board Ask a Question

    There are no clarification messages.