Tax advice for a cash gift from parents (EC nationals)

  • Posted:
  • Proposals: 4
  • Remote
  • #27256
  • Archived
Tim L.Tom M.Alex W.Tax QED T. have already sent a proposal.
  • 0


Experience Level: Expert

I need some simple answer to the tax related question below.

My parents who are non-UK citizens (EU citizens) want to give me (I live and pay tax in the UK) some money to help towards the purchase of a Flat in London.

Is there any way in which they can give me the money minimizing the tax liability for them and for me. Which is the best way?

If they gave me the money would i be liable to Inheritance tax, capital gains tax or Income tax?

New Proposal

Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this job.

Sign up

Clarification Board Ask a Question

    There are no clarification messages.