Kind of development: Customization of existing program
Description of requirements/functionality: We are looking for an advanced Linux user whom can solve our server/website problem.
Current Server: Linux, php-fpm and MySQL.
The problem is that MySQL CPU process goes high at any giving moment (up to 700%) and when that happens the website is down with the mess age "500 Internal Error".
We have done many optimization such as:
1. Installing a cache plugin in Wordpress
2. Security Module
3. MySQL optimization and cleaning the database
4. We have asked our IT to setup a firewall and block all bad traffic (according to our IT, this is has been completed)
The issue has started six months ago, however; recently the problem is appearing daily and few times a day.
1. All error log files are available in the server
2. FTP and Shell access will be provided
3. Access to the back office will be provided
OS requirements: Linux
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this job.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Unfortunately there isn't really sufficient data in the job description to provide a fixed price quote to fix the issue, however I would be interested in performing some log collection etc... prior to providing a proposal so I can accurately estimate the price to fix. Would you be open to a brief 20 minute Skype call to collect these logs so I can submit a proposal? Or would you be open to a per hour proposal rather than a fixed price proposal?
Nice to meet you, my name is Juan and I'm an experienced Linux System administrator. Before providing a quote I was wondering if you could provide the following details:
- Do you have any monitoring system in place collecting system utilization metrics?
- Is the system going down on heavy load times or just randomly?
- Is there any deadline for this project?
You mentioned the problem began a few months ago, so it might be strictly related to site growth and some resource exhaustion, however is hard to tell without metrics. I'm looking forward to your details.