A strategy and investment professional with a proven track record in investment advisory and delivery of financial transactions, strategic and change projects. Experience in managing...Read moreA strategy and investment professional with a proven track record in investment advisory and delivery of financial transactions, strategic and change projects. Experience in managing c-suite and senior mgmt. stakeholders providing solid results and recommendations based on rigorous analysis. I am on the board of a number of startups and advise on fundraising, strategy and planning.
I consult through Almax Partners - Almax Partners is a business advisory and venture support consultancy that has advised clients across technology, energy, cleantech and finance sectors focusing on financial modelling, deal structuring, strategy, investor documentation, fundraise management, due diligence and project management. With this expertise, and its broad network of relationships among technology companies, contractors, equity providers and specialist consultants, Almax acts as a value add partner to companies seeking assistance with strategic development, growth capital and project finance.
Advised clients across technology, energy, cleantech and finance sectors focusing on financial modelling, deal structuring, strategy, investor documentation, fundraise management, due diligence and project management and have advised on over £500m of deals ranging from £500k to £50m.
Recent mandates include
• Securing c.£12m for the UK’s largest private district heating scheme– December 2017
• £8m refinance of a small-scale energy portfolio (solar and wind) – January 2016
• £22m fundraise for a solar scheme on c.22,000 social housing buildings – June 2014
• Advisory on fundraising strategy for an AI driven social network - February 2019
• Financial modeling for bus operator preparing for US bid and acquistions - March 2019
• Transaction structuring of £10m+ trade sale of a FS consultancy – June 2018
• Built investment model for a £100m real estate developer – March 2018
• Financial modelling and structuring for an adtech start up – September 2017
• Customer analytics post acquisition for Leading FS publicist– June 2017
• Strategy and deal structuring for a Texas based Nanotech organisation – August 2015
• Investor documentation for co-living start up – June 2018
• Financial planning for a St James Place affiliated wealth manager – March 2018
• Investor documentation for a £500k ARR wine ecommerce platform – January 2018
• Business plan & growth strategy for geo-spatial detection company – January 2018
• Strategy for Innovate UK electric motor start up – December 2017
• Financial model for Children’s wearable tech start up – April 2017
Capco (The Capital Markets Company Ltd)
Cinven: Due diligence on the proposed $17bn acquisition of a risk management and trading arm of a global service provider. Led the analysis of financial statements, legal contracts and market positioning
Nationwide Building Society: Senior Business Analyst managing the enterprise level review as a direct response to an FSA report – on the Project Management Office, managing the programme of work
Royal Bank of Scotland: Change Management team in global banking operations, focusing on the government covered assets in the “Asset Protection Scheme” set up post market downturn
American Express Inc
Business Transformation Manager, internal strategy team
Reporting to Head of American Express UK, managing Business Transformation projects across the UK (£50m annual value) – organising business teams across global AMEX to source and size projects for cost saving or revenue generation and CBAs making recommendations to UK board. Conducted customer, portfolio valuation analysis and strategy development to meet long-term Business goals.
Willis Group Limited:
Strategy Consultant, internal consulting team
Delivered business transformation projects increasing profits and efficiency across Willis worldwide. Large scale project to model the financial health of business units reporting to senior global management. Managed such projects in London, New York, Florida and Denmark offices. Received an individual letter of congratulations from Group Chairman for achieving increased profits in the London office by the £10m target over 2006 and 2007.
Robert W. Baird Inc
Focused on M&A and IPO of mid cap companies. Involved in a Fundraising (£50m acquisition of Multinational Test & Evaluation Company, by UK Finance House) and Due Diligence (Public listed Recruitment Company £10M raise funds to acquire a competitor).