- Views 1,898
- Sales 2
What you get with this Hourlie
The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and The Consumer Rights Bill, replace some key facts that you may have in your current terms and conditions. Whether they are for your online sales of electronic goods such as a website, or off site sales.
Whether its your Terms & Conditions, Sales Contract, Guarantee or Cancellation documentation. They will all possibly need changing.
The agreement as described is a simple trading relationship contract. We ensure your terms are fair under the terms of The Unfair Contract Terms Act, Sale of Goods & Services Act, Competition Laws and many others.
Other services for business people or those starting out are available from us in small agreement form.
Remember,the better agreement, the problems and issues you are likely to run into. You may have to return to use over the years as your business matures. This is to simply keep your terms and conditions in line with the law, or regulations.
What the Seller needs to start the work
When you engage us, we will ask you some simple questions. Don't worry, it will not take much of your time and we will give you advice along the way.
Our experience see's us working on many referrals. We are the authorised agent for many business & breakfast clubs such as the BNI.
1. Identity of the supplier and address
2. A description of the service
3. The contract price inclusive of taxes for the goods or service
4. Delivery costs (if applicable)
5. Payment and delivery arrangement. i.e. Account, Pay on Order, On Delivery, 14, 21, 30, 60 or even 90 days.
6. Notification of the right of cancellation
7. The means of communication by which the purchase is to be concluded. Post, fax, email, phone or through a computerised ordering system.
8. The period for which the terms are available
9. Minimum duration of the contract, where it is not of one-off performance.