- Views 7
What you get with this Hourlie
Slow response times and inconsistent user experience will drive customers away very quickly. And if it fails simply because your popularity resulted in the back-end becoming over-loaded, that is doubly frustrating.
Solution: A short series of precisely targeted tests conducted by a specialist in the field is a reliable and cost-effective way to manage this Launch Risk.
It will answer the most important questions you have:
1. Can we support the expected user load on Day One?
2. If our projected targets are achieved – will our platform remain stable?
3. If we simply don't know what the uptake will be – how much can the platform support?
4. What if our projections are wrong?
Answers to these questions will allow you to mitigate a significant slice of your go-live risk and help determine the steps needed to ensure a successful launch
1. Do we have time to uplift or optimise before go-live?
2. What protections can we put in place to prevent overload?
3. What do we need to keep a close eye on during launch and beyond?
4. Or... do we need to delay launch?
I will conduct this testing, providing a detailed report highlighting launch risks to your Product Site or Mobile App and recommending mitigation strategies, before you launch. This service covers any web application or mobile app that uses HTTP or HTTPS (HTML, API or hybrid). All API protocols (e.g. REST, SOAP etc) can be tested as well as standard HTML/HTML 2.0 websites.
1. Creation of load generating scripts
2. Preparation of test data to drive scripts
3. Execution of tests
4. Test Completion Report detailing:
- expected user experience (transaction response times) at launch
- system limitations
- assessment of system readiness
- recommended mitigation strategies for Launch
5. Recommendations for further testing and optimisation
6. Recommendations for implementing best practice methodologies
Load Testing tools can be provided at no additional cost, hosted in AWS EC2.
Get more with Hourlie Add-ons
I can perform a full risk assessment and guidance on Use Cases and Workload to Simulate
Additional 3 working days+$635
I can incorporate automation of the Test Scenarios into your CD/CI deployment pipeline
Additional 3 working days+$635
I can conduct a further round of test execution to verify fixes or optimisation changes
Additional 1 working day+$318
What the Seller needs to start the work
At a high level, prerequisites / dependencies are typically as follows:
1. Detailed step-by-step descriptions of the use cases that will be simulated.
- For API-based products, detailed descriptions and examples of request payloads and schemas.
2. Detailed description of expected workload - number of users, number of transactions per hour or per second.
3. Access to the environment on which the tests are to be conducted. Should be exposed to the Internet and/or be able to implement whitelisting by IP address
4. Environment that tests will be executed against must be of equivalent capacity and configuration to the Production / Live environment.
- If the site is not yet live, the proposed Production / Live environment can be used (but note that there are risks involved)
5. Databases populated with equivalent data volumes to that expected in production
- If this is not possible, there are workarounds, but risks would remain
6. Access to technical SMEs, architects, developers to support risk assessment, scripting, execution and analysis
I will provide a detailed list of requirements in a simple request form that I will send you. We can walk through this on a conference call where I will also flesh out the prerequisites / dependencies and we can agree high level scope to ensure a smooth start. There will be no charge for this.