Extra notes: Kind of writing: Fiction
Extensive research needed: no
Extra notes: Hello!
We are looking for the highest quality ghostwriters who enjoy writing romance series and novellas. The content should be character-driven, mainly focusing on the development of romantic attraction between two main characters. The themes and exact details for the stories will be discussed when you apply.
You will be given the plot summary in the form of a polished book description and outline for the story. You have the creative freedom to flesh out the rest of the details as you see fit (within the boundaries set by the outline).
The genre we tend to offer the most opportunities in is contemporary romance where the male lead is an alpha bad boy. So any experience writing these types of novellas will receive priority if you mention it in your cover letter.
Please apply only if you are eligible and agree with the following details:
* You must be Native English speaker with prior ghostwriting experience.
* Must be open to taking direction and constructive criticism.
* All content must be 100% original. No plagiarism. We will be verifying this, and you will not be paid if the content is not original.
* Final product must be proofread and free of grammatical and spelling errors. (Though our editors will help proofread the final copy)
* In order to apply, you must submit a few samples of short romances that you have previously written (at least 1 sample of 1k+ words).
* We currently have at least 5 open positions, so please apply even if there are already a lot of applicants or the post is several weeks old.
PAYMENTS, DETAILS & TIMELINE
* If chosen, we will give you a trial scene to write. It will be a fixed price of $50 for a 5k+ word scene. We need to gauge your ability to write from a prompt and this will decide if we can give you longer work.
* Once our editors review your trial submission and give us the go ahead for a full series/novella, then we will provide you with all the details for the full project.
* You will be paid upon the completion of each project (with milestone payments for series and longer works if applicable).
* This is an opportunity for long term work. We hope you would be able to complete at least between 40k-50k words per month
* In your cover letter, please outline the type of stories that you enjoy writing most and in which genres you have the most experience.
* VERY IMPORTANT: We will change your initial bid to $50 for the 5k word trial piece. However, in your cover letter please outline your rates for the following:
*Trilogy with each piece being 25k words each
*Trilogy with each piece being 75k words each
* By applying and accepting this job, you understand and agree that this is a WORK FOR HIRE and ghostwriting position. This means once accepted and we pay you for the work, you will not retain any right to the finished products. Our company reserves the right to use the material in any form, whether electronic or print, and will own all rights for publication, including but not limited to, the copyright, byline right (someone else's name will be used as author name), resale, ownership, editing, revision and distribution right. You will have no rights to distribute or republish the material in any form whatsoever, even excerpts.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and we look forward to your applications.
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
I honestly couldn't agree more with the above comments. It seems like you really don't know what it takes to write a piece. I'm pretty sure all you're looking for is to get the test piece and run away with it.
$50 for the trial piece is way too low, Nick. That would need to be multiplied by 5 for it to be reasonable compensation for a test piece. Please consider that our time is valuable before setting a price for your projects.
The amount you offer for the trial piece is way too low. Maybe you would consider either taking the examples as proof of ability or a much shorter test piece (around 1000 words) ?
You're having a laugh!