Estimated hours: 20-30, depending on experience
Github Repo: https://github.com/communitychange/c3-dev
Languages, Framework: Advanced Php in MVC, familiar with advanced design patterns, JS, HTML, Sass/CSS, Bootstrap
Tools: Gulp, Node.js, Composer, Github, LAMP stack
Deliverable: Development team will push code to github and have sftp and dashboard login to staging site at http://c3c4wpemain.staging.wpengine.com. We will also provide a sql dump.
Disclaimer: Advance custom Php MVC programming with our own design pattern, please take a look at custom set up for App.php in https://github.com/communitychange/c3-dev/tree/master/wp-content/themes/c4cc-new/src/CCC
The majority of the fixes will be in ChangeWire.php which is at: https://github.com/communitychange/c3-dev/blob/master/wp-content/themes/c4cc-new/src/CCC/Data/ChangeWire.php
Taxonomies are registered in a different way through our design pattern: https://github.com/communitychange/c3-dev/blob/master/wp-content/themes/c4cc-new/src/CCC/Data/Taxonomies.php
Your team must work with this design pattern and not the traditional wordpress way of creating taxonomies.
Info: the communitychange.org ChangeWire blog page displays Custom Post Type "ChangeWire" and taxonomies. There are some bug fixes for the website on communitychange.org before the site is launch next week. Successful development team will continue to work with the CommunityChange Theme on future contracts for site expansion.
Issues that need to be addressed on http://communitychange.org/change-wire/
- fix missing videos on ch --> missing the tagging/ACF, you will need to look at function video() in ChangeWire.php, rewrite the query
- fix bug "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" for Fellows-Lv1, Fellows-Lv2 with limited
author permissions. --> need to link two new User Roles to CPT ChangeWire through MySQL rewrite in the db
- add a new PodCast section to display ChangeWire CPT with "podcast" taxonomy --> create a new function podcast() in ChangeWire.php with custom ACF which is tagged to display all podcast in the changewire page
- changewire "Filter" functionality is broken for tag filtering --> does not show result when tags are click + enter key
- fellow corner need 3 fellows, "see all" button link to a different url
- [backend] all posts on communitychange.org site need to have a hidden "c3/c4" checkbox to track if post belong to c3 or c4 (this will not be displayed on the front end) --> need new taxonomy, see Taxonomies.php
- fellows corner "see all" link redirect to https://communitychange.org/real-people/communications-fellows/
- add favicon for communitychange.org
On other parts of communitychange.org site:
- CPT Campaigns and campaigns single page need social media links to work - https://communitychange.org/campaigns/
- site looks good on mobile and desktop
Point Person of Contact: Sr. Software Developer at Center for Community Change
If required more hours, the development team and CCC will create an extra follow up Job with additional hours.
In your message proposal, please answer the following question:
We need to create a tracker for our organization on all posts types for year end tax purposes. All post types need to be either checked to "c3" or "c4" on the backend, and is hidden on the front-end (users cannot see this c3 or c4 tag). Explain your solution on how to set this up using taxonomy/category/etc or whatever you prefer?
Webmaster C.0% (0)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this job.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Can we more discuss about project?
Seems that maybe the bidders prior to me didn't bother to check the RFP. Your link is broken. Neither http://communitychange.org/change-wire/ page nor http://communitychange.org/change-wire/page work. Can you please provide the correct URL?Webmaster C.08 Jan 2018
thanks for catching, i just added https to the links.Terry A.08 Jan 2018
thank you webmaster. detailed proposal has been submitted now