Num. of web pages/modules: 1
Description of every page/module: We need a simple flipbook viewer to embed in HTML webpages which will render a flipbook from a specified PDF (or directory of numbered JPEGS) on the computer, with parameters as per screenshot and below.
IMPORTANT: To make the websites accessible to all users, all touchscreen interactivity is based on pressing simple buttons on-screen - we disable all swipe, scroll, pinch, gestures etc in the kiosk browser. This is why we cannot use an off-the-shelf flipbook plugin, as they are all optimised for mobile devices.
Your solution will be:
* a template HTML page with associated JS/Jquery libraries and functions held on the local machine, to generate flipbook from a .pdf identified in the page code
* OR an .swf/HTML5 object we can embed in HTML page, with a parameter in the embed code to identify the .pdf file to display.
* OR another solution you can suggest that meets the tech limitations!
Description of requirements/features: Your object or code will:
* Identify a PDF or directory of JPEGs from the HTML page or embed code, and display and flip-through double-page spreads (with single-page front and back covers)
* Page-turn animation effect
* Previous/Next and Start/End page control buttons
* Show paged thumbnail navigation of PDF/JPGS in left-hand column
* Allow for zoom up to 100% of PDF/JPEG resolution, when "Zoom in" is pressed, six additional buttons appear in right-hand column to increase/decrease zoom, and to move left/right/up/down across the page spread.
Specific technologies required: IMPORTANT: These websites are offline only, we cannot use server-side code like .php. All libraries and code will be stored on the local machine.
Flipbooks do not need to be responsive, these offline websites are always installed on 1920px X 1080px screens.
The images in the PDF (or JPEG folder) are LARGE - usually 2500px X 3500px each, to allow for high-definition zoom, and there can be up to 600 pages in a PDF (or JPEGS in a directory) - so any pre-loading of pages, thumbnailing etc may need to be limited to a few images at a time.
We would need all background and button images for the viewer to be held in a folder, which can be easily replaced with different .png images for use on different systems.
The machines we use are Mac Mini using OSX10.11.5 'El Capitan'. The Kiosk software we use is called XStand, which is a modification of Safari. Generally anything that works on Safari works on XStand, but some amendments may be required after testing.
The .pdf file attached shows all the functions we require with mock-up screenshots. The .zip folder contains the HTML and CSS and image files we would need the slideshow to use.
Russell L.100% (2)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Thank you for invitation.
Could you please tell me about your time frame and budget for such flipbook viewer?Russell L.13 Nov 2017
Thanks for your interest but we have found a provider nowAlexander *.13 Nov 2017
No problem Russel.
Thank you for response anyway :) good luck!