Database management system (DBMS): MySQL
Kind of development: Customization of existing website
Description of requirements/features: CURRENT SETUP:
1. Adding an Exam
When adding an exam you choose a batch year and the class name and an exam is created linking to that student batch if it exists, i can only add one student batch to an exam at any one time at present.
2. Editing an Exam
An exam is connected to a student batch so if a student batch has students added or removed then the students listed in the exam are added to or removed
HOW IT NEEDS TO BE SETUP:
1. Adding an Exam
When adding an exam you should only be able to select student batches which exist.
So if i have the class names "121, 122, 123, 124" setup and i have two classes setup say "class name 122 with the student batch of 2016 - 2017" and "class name 122 with the student batch of 2017 - 2018" then when adding an exam i should only be given the option to add a student batch where there is a current student batch setup with a class name and student year.
So when adding an exam when adding a student batch i should only have the option of "122" for class name and "2016 - 2017" and "2017 - 2018" for the student batch.
I need to be able to select multiple student batches from any batch year so i can have multiple student batches in each exam.
2. Editing an Exam
- Under General Information replace "class name" and "batch year" with a new tab called "Manage Students", this would list all students currently assigned to this exam
- The columns for this tab would be "Student Name", "Student Batch" (if from an added batch otherwise entry should read "Manually Added")
- List of all student batches assigned to this name with ability to delete the batch (and all students in that batch) from the exam.
- Ability to add/remove individual students to this exam (and error message if attempting to add a student which is already in the exam)
- Also should be able to remove a student from this exam even if added by a student batch
IMPORTANT NOTES WHICH APPLY TO ADDING AND EDITING AN EXAM:
- When adding students to an exam (either new exam or existing exam) this needs to be copied into the exam so if the existing student batch is edited and a student is removed from that student batch the student is not removed from the exam, at the moment if you remove the student from the student batch they are removed from the exam.
- If a student is assigned to an exam then that students account can not be deleted, an error message should pop up saying what exams the student is assigned to.
Extra notes: The website is on a free server, so if you make changes to the database it tends to overload the server and take it offline for a few minutes, so please login and take a look around.
David B.100% (5)
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
what would be our budget range for this?
i would need to have a deeper look onto this, as it looks like it might need database redesign to fit your needs.
let me know
are you still looking for someone ??
Considering the proposals received to this point, i was wondering if you have already shortlisted or identified someone to work with, or are still accepting proposals?
Are you still looking for someone suitable for the job?
I understand the scenario. Will you provide files to work on localhost or we will work on your server as you have limited usage?
what technologies/framework what used to develop your website?
Can i browse present setup?