Description of requirements/functionality:
Orders Chow® will be a full solution for restaurant take aways to bring an online order from their website right to the restaurant's kitchen as soon as it is made. Think of it as taking the middle man out of Just Eat, and giving control back to the Restaurants. Restaurants will have an online ordering store built for them on WooCommerce by me.
Restaurants will install the app and set up a Bluetooth or other common Thermal Printer that will relay the orders, print them and communicate back to WooCommerce through the app.
The App is relatively straight forward in what it is designed to do, the proposed UI (work in progress) will demonstrate what needs to happen. The app UI will be provided fully provided (HTML, CSS, Twitter BootStrap based, perhaps AngularJS), so the developer can focus on the app functionality.
APP DISTRIBUTION :
I might be able to package/compile the app myself on Mac OS for both target platforms (Windows & Mac). In order to do that, I'd need the app to be ready to be packaged/compiled with no hassles. Perhaps by using a few command lines or any other straight forward methods chosen by the developer. By packaging/compiling the app, I mean I'd need it ready to be generated as executables/bundles for the required target platforms.
The app would also be distributed on a PRO basis plan, allowing the user (customer) to set up the app himself. This means the app would be developed to provide two separate packages as follows:
One package would easily allow me to include the WooCommerce powered website's URL and API credentials (Consumer Key & Consumer Secret) within the app's code before packaging/compiling the app.
The other package would be slightly different, as it would include on its UI a set up form to allow the user (customer) to go through an initial set up in order to provide his website URL and WooCommerce API Credentials (Consumer Key & Consumer Secret).
APP INTERACTION FLOW :
User A = Customer
User B = Restaurant Owner
- User A makes his/her order online.
- Order is sent to App and Beeps, fires notification through Electron notification api.
- User B views order and changes the estimated delivery time to 45 minutes and then hits confirm.
- On Confirm, Receipt prints off and WooCommerce order status updates to 'Complete'.
- User A and User B is emailed from WooCommerce, telling him the order is complete and that deliver is expected to be 45 minutes.
The app will need to:
- Connect to the Thermal Printer (https://github.com/pradeepksingh/Android-Bluetooth-Printer - this code allows me to connect to the tablet and print of test documents, this might serve as a reference source code for this integration).
- Connect to WooCommerce and communicate both ways. Ie. An order should appear immediately in the app, and Alert the User B of a new order. The User B can then change the estimated delivery time and confirm the order. This marks the order as 'Complete' within WooCommerce and an email is sent to the User A and User B, telling them the order is on it's way for delivery and when it is expected to arrive.
- Store a Database of previous orders, up to a week for example. So if any queries arise the User B can browse through the previous orders to check. Provide a way to search the retrieved orders on the database.
- Automatically print off an order receipt, detailing the delivery address and order details when the confirm button is pressed, and on request. (If duplicates are needed).
- Ability to Cancel/Refuse an order, this changes the order status in WooCommerce to 'Cancelled' and emails the client saying the order has not been accepted.
- Ability to change the order status. WooCommerce provides a few default order statuses. This might not be enough, as some stores have custom WooCommerce statuses already set up, so the app should also provide a way to include within its code an array of custom order statuses.
- Have a contact form on a support screen within the app, to email any queries to us.
As you can understand, this app will only be specific to one restaurant, one printer and one online store. Therefore I need the ability to recompile the app with another Restaurant and their own WooCommerce store.
ELECTRON APP RESOURCES :
Electron Docs : http://electron.atom.io/docs/
Electron Sample Apps: https://github.com/hokein/electron-sample-apps
Github List of Resources for Electron Apps : https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome-electron
WooCommerce API - Node.js Client : https://www.npmjs.com/package/woocommerce-api https://github.com/woothemes/wc-api-node
Adriano M.0% (0)
Login to your account and send a proposal now to get this project.Log in
Clarification Board Ask a Question
Can you please share UI/designs ?
Can you please confirm you want windows and iPHone app not Android app ?Adriano M.01 Aug 2016
I'm sorry for the delay on answering. I'll be updating the project's details soon with the initial UI Design concept. The project requires the app's code to be ready for desktop (Windows & Mac OS), no mobile development involved. The app should be developed with Electron and wrapped for both mentioned OS's.
- Can we have a quick discussion on the project?
- Which cross platform technology you would prefer for the app development?
Adriano M.01 Aug 2016
Thanks for the response.
We would like to discuss on the application and your project idea in detail. Can you please come over discussion for the same?
Looking forward to your reply