I am in need of a fashion designer/consultant who could undertake a two-fold role of highlighting what they feel (style/look/pattern) will be desirable within the male and female Spring/Summer 2020 swimwear market, as well providing the necessary tech packs in order for the final garment(s) to be taken to manufacture in early 2020.
The brand itself is UK based, is of a sustainable nature and therefore, all garments manufactured would be done so using the appropriate materials. This would need to be reflected in your proposed drawings/designs. Consequently, said designer/consultant would need to be abreast of upcoming changes within the swimwear category and demonstrate good trend knowledge.
The brand has a condensed logo, as well as a longer 'text' version (three words) which can be interchanged on the garments depending on location. This would of course be shared prior to work starting.
The final tech pack would then be taken to a bespoke garment manufacturer for ‘prototype’ creation.
This would be Phase 1 of a long-term sustainability project, with the range growing into ‘Athleisure’ into late 2020/early 2021, so knowledge of this clothing style would be desirable although not essential. Although the opportunity for and likelihood of repeat business is very high for the right individual.
Swimwear is not within our skill set, thus the need for external expertise.
MUST HAVE FASHION EXPERIENCE - please do not apply if you are a graphic designer for logos, flyers etc
- Highlight current ‘in-fashion’ swimwear examples and how, if at all, you feel this may change before next year (2020)
- Propose styles based on the above information, potentially through an A3 ‘moodboard’ / ‘trendboard’ approach
- Must be able to draw up tech packs, and have access to trend research in addition to latest trends and pantones etc. Due to the sustainable nature, a good grasp of different fabrics and materials is necessary
Within your submission, please also outline:
- Brands previously worked with & your experience
- Elements of your portfolio that are in-line with the above
- Please advise whether you include sample making
- Connections with manufacturers would be a bonus
- Portfolio, CV & LinkedIn
Please be available to start immediately.
Create an account now and send a proposal now to get this project.Sign up
Clarification Board Ask a Question
is this the first collection of your brand? How many designs would you like to start with? Would you be open to manufacturing in China? Beside the design, tech pack, pattern making and grading, are you also looking for help with the fabric, sampling and manufacturing? Depending on the design, fabric and sizes, quantity as low as 30-50pcs per design is acceptable ;)
Let me know, thanks!