- Views 1,366
- Sales 2
What you get with this Offer
I'm a professional, UK-based web developer and server administrator. I can transfer your website between standard shared hosting and a dedicated server or VPS. Alternatively, I can simply transfer your site from one hosting company to another. I can transfer virtually any site based on PHP & MySQL (which includes the most popular Content Management Systems and e-Commerce platforms), or running on raw HTML pages.
Included in this Offer, I will transfer your website files and any underlying database, point the key web addresses (e.g. domain.com, www.domain.com and ftp.domain.com) to the IP address of your site's new location and fully test your site in its new home.
The standard service for this Offer is for transfers where the domain / subdomain and URL structure are NOT changing between the current and new locations. For example, moving from www.domain.com to www.domain.com (exactly the same) is OK, but moving from dev.domain.com to www.domain.com, or into / out of a subfolder, is not included.
If you require a change of domain / subdomain / URL structure, this is available as an add-on service, due to the extra work involved.
- this Offer covers the transfer and testing of your website. It does not cover the transfer of your email accounts, emails or anything else set up or stored in your hosting account.
- sites must be less than 5GB in total size, with the database less than 500MB of that total.
- your domain name will stay registered with its current provider and only the web/FTP addresses of the domain will be pointed to your new site.
- your current domain provider must allow manual / advanced DNS changes (please check - most do)
- a change of URL structure (domain name, folders etc) will only take place if you have bought the relevant add-on service
- you must check whether the new location for your website is compatible with what's being transferred
- please note that the security arrangements may be different at the new location; you are responsible for checking that the security configuration meets your needs.
- you are responsible for the deletion of information and/or cancellation of services on your old hosting account
- I only deal with sites which contain UK and EU legal, non-adult content and which meet all rules that your current and new hosting companies have set
What the Freelancer needs to start the work
I'll need this information from you as a minimum, please:
- full access to your shared hosting, dedicated server or VPS where your site is currently located
- full access to your shared hosting, dedicated server or VPS at your site's new home
- access to your website admin panel, if it has one (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, e-commerce platforms)
- access to your domain name control panel
- if you are changing domain / subdomain or moving into / out of a subfolder with the move, please provide full details of the change
- if your site uses an SSL certificate, the certificate will need to be transferred and setup in advance of the site move