What you get with this Offer
A copyeditor takes your copy and readies it for publishing by conducting the initial proofread and ensuring your writing is consistent, accurate and grammatically correct, as well as stylistically appropriate. Following a good copyedit, your work will flow well and be easy and enjoyable to read.
I'm an experienced proofreader, editor and writer with five years in the game and a 1st class degree from the University of Cambridge. I copyedit:
*Published academic works
Whatever your project, I can help bring out the best in it.
This copyediting service includes:
- A thorough proof of your work by a native English speaker
- All edits marked in the Track-Changes feature of MS Word (you will be able to see and review all changes and comments)
- Correction of grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax and typos
- Replacing awkward, non-native word use with fluent-sounding alternatives
- Ensuring your consistent use of USA / British English
- Re-writing of non-native sentences to read as fluent
- Re-structuring paragraphs for better flow
- Comments regarding the consistency of information, style and tone
- Substituting repetitive/uncommon words with appropriate alternatives
- Ensuring the consistency of document formatting
- Checking the accuracy of information
This is a 1-day service. I can complete copyedits of up to 5,000 words in one day and between 5001 and 30,000 within five days. If you need a faster turnaround, message me before purchasing this offer.
Get more with Offer Add-ons
I can copyedit up to 1000 words of prose / content / copy
Additional 1 working day+$21
I can copyedit up to 3000 words of prose / content / copy
Additional 1 working day+$96
I can copyedit up to 5000 words of prose / content / copy
Additional 1 working day+$179
I can copyedit up to 10,000 words of prose / content / copy
Additional 2 working days+$358
I can copyedit up to 15,000 words of prose / content / copy
Additional 2 working days+$592
I can copyedit up to 30,000 words of prose / content / copy
Additional 2 working days+$1.0k
What the Freelancer needs to start the work
- your document in MS Word, Pages or Google Doc
- your brief: writing style (e.g. formal, semi-formal, friendly) tone, intended audience, purpose (e.g. SEO, inform, convince)
- a description of what you think needs improving
Great work, many thanks again
Excellent as always.
It's a true pleasure!
High-quality recommendations. It is apparent that the content was absorbed before suggestions were made.
Jodie is a blessing. Her work is insightful and she acts in a coaching capacity.
Thanks Jodie. As always, great work.
Many thanks for speedy and excellent performance.