We are Linux specialists having worked with it for many years. You may already have the skills to SysAdmin your servers but wouldn't you rather be concentrating on your business?
Heremore...We are Linux specialists having worked with it for many years. You may already have the skills to SysAdmin your servers but wouldn't you rather be concentrating on your business?
Here are some examples of the work I do...
SysAdmin - A lot of companies have the development skills inhouse to build the websites or tools they need but then don't have the ability to put them online in a secure way. Let me worry about the system administration of your server. I will ensure it is locked down, patched and as secure as possible so that you can concentrate on your customers.
Virtualisation - I am fully VMware VCP (VMware Certified Professional) trained with experience of running small local or large cross-server installations. As well as VMware Server and ESX knowledge I actively use tools such as VirtualBox or XEN.
Cloud Computing - You may want servers that you can turn on and off at the drop of a hat. Or storage requirements that can grow as you do. Let me guide you and show you the differences between AWS (Amazon Web Services), Rackspace and all the other providers so you can make decisions that are right for you.
Electronics & Automation - This is a new area for me but I love it and me clients do too. Integrate your website with the real world. Raise money for charity by throwing wet sponges when someone donates, promote yourself with a piece of interactive art or dispense items when someone pays via mobile phone. The ideas are endless and achievable.
Get me involved at any point in the process. From design through planning, development, testing, deployment and support we have the skills and experience needed to get the job done.
Area Covered: London, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire
Company Name: Dogsbody Technology Ltd.
Industry: Information Technology
Work Experience Summary: * Operating systems - Linux, Redhat, CentOS, VMware ESXi & Server, Solaris, Windows, DOS, (Novell 3.x, OS/2)
* Protocols - TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, SMTP, NNTP, FTP, SSH, POP3, IMAP, RTSP, Finger
* Hardware - x86, SPARC, MIPS, Desktops, Servers, Laptops, Firewalls, Routers, Bridges, Switches, Leased Lines
* Software - Apache, Bind, Sendmail, IPtables, MySQL, VMware Server, Helix/Real streaming, PHP, Webmail
Education Summary: - Report Writing for IT Professionals
- VTSP (VMware Technical Sales Professional) Training
- VCP (VMware Certified Professional) VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3 Install & Configure
- Shell Programming for System Administrators
- Advanced System Admin for Solaris 10
- Intermediate System Admin for Solaris 10
- CAP (Change Acceptance Process) Application Skills
- Solaris 8 System Administration 1 & 2
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Advanced Perl for the Web
- Auditing Skills
- Business Writing Skills
- Lotus Notes & Domino 4.5 Application Development
- Lotus Notes & Domino 4.5 Administration
- Novell Netware 3.1x System Administration
- Administering Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Customer Care & Telephone Techniques
- HNC Electronics Engineering
- OND Electronics Engineering