Database management system (DBMS): MySQL
Description of requirements/functionality: I need you to prepare data from MySQL database in specific table format for further analysis. This is backend database for a Moodle LMS. Some of data should be aggregated or calculated values from raw data. Please note that I need data preprocessing, pooling from one or more database tables, calculating and creating new variables storing them in a new flat table.
I will give you two parameters:
1. "initial date"
2. "course ID number" (to limit data, and users from that course only)
I need data from next 19 weeks following given "initial date", and every course data should have a new table, and that table columns should store week data in new column, one student per row as follows:
- student_id, W0_Var1, W1_Var2, ...W1_Var18, W2_Var1, W2_Var2.... W18_Var18
Variables (Var1 to Var18), should be calculated as follows:
- Var1. Average session length per week (from the first click within any part of the course content, to the last or timed out session (programmed to log off after fixed amount of time; what is this time is important to calculate back the length of a session)
- Var2. Average number of clicks per session per week
- Var3. Number of sessions per week
- Var4. If there is new content (slides, quiz, paper to read) on the course page that week then time from week beggining to first click/view/use of the content
- Var5. Number of posts created in forum that week
- Var6. Number of posts viewed in forum that week
- Var7. Number of posts created in chat that week
- Var8. Number of posts viewed in chat that week
- Var9. Number sent messages that week
- Var10. Number of viewed messages that week
- Var11. Number of views of readings that week (resource, book, page, folder)
- Var12. Number of scorm activities launched that week
- Var13. Number of different lessons within scorm launched that
- Var14. Average interaction length within scorm lesson that week
- Var15. If there was an assignment that week was it submitted on time, late or not at all (so 3 categories per student per week per assignment, in case there are more than 1 assignment that week pick 1 for now)
- Var16. In case there was a quiz to submit that week then count the number of abandoned attempts
- Var17. In case there was a quiz to submit that week than was it submitted yes/no
- Var18. Quiz grade that week
Please look at this list of variables (Var1 to Var18), and message me back what of these you can prepare, which of them you cannot.
I need a short explanation how do you plan to do this (command line script, php script, querry by querry...) so I can speak with our system admin about your requirements, security and policies.
I need a quote (time and budget)!
Login to your account and send a proposal now to get this project.Log in
Clarification Board Ask a Question
We have no problem with signing a NDA. Could we discuss this a bit more?
If you can send a sample of the database then there would be no need for NDA?
I am moodle developer!
I have gone through your requirement and have couple of questions, so can we discuss ?
I look forward to your response.