We recently revealed that PeoplePerHour UK freelancers saw a 29% drop in income during the month of March, due to the Brexit mayhem leading to buyers significantly tightening their purse strings. Take a look through our infographic below to see the key Brexit thoughts and concerns of UK freelancers.
The key points of the Brexit infographic [May 2019]
- 91% of UK freelancers are not satisfied with the UK government’s handling of the Brexit process: Arguably, one of the most shocking – if not, surprising – statistics from the survey. A true demonstration of the almost universal disdain at the handling of Brexit in general since the referendum result was announced.
- 72% of freelancers who voted, voted for Remain: Many freelancers rely on working with clients across the EU, this is one explanation for why the majority of freelancers voted for Remain.
- 80% of freelancers say they have made no adjustments to prepare for the post-Brexit economy: Should freelancers be making more of an effort to protect themselves against the changes following Brexit?
- 29% – the drop-off in income for UK PeoplePerHour freelancers on the crucial days of the Brexit process during March: A stark reminder of the ongoing impact that Brexit uncertainty is causing.
- 43% of freelancers surveyed said they had already experienced a negative impact from the effects of Brexit: Almost half of freelancers have noticed their business being badly affected by Brexit since the referendum result.
- 35% of freelancers said their biggest Brexit concern was the end of free movement: It has been one of the big talking points throughout the Brexit process, and is, perhaps, unsurprisingly, the biggest concern for freelancers.
- 22% of freelancers believe there is no benefit that will come out of Brexit: These freelancers believe the outlook is bleak once the UK officially leaves the EU.
- 30% of freelancers would like to revoke Article 50: This was the most popular choice for freelancers when asked, “What would your preferred next step be in the Brexit process?”
Other Brexit infographics you shouldn’t miss:
- BBC: Brexit – where we are in seven charts
- Statista: Brexit – what the public would do now infographic
- Forbes: No deal Brexit infographic
- ICO: Data protection Brexit infographic
- EDN Hub: Brexit blues by numbers infographic
Stay up to date with our Brexit guides and resources:
- The Complete Brexit Guide For Freelancers And Small Businesses
- Brexit Survey: The Impact On The Freelance Industry So Far
- How Brexit Will Affect Freelancers
- How Brexit Will Affect UK Small Businesses
- How Brexit Will Affect EU Companies
- The Ultimate Brexit Guide For Freelance Graphic Designers
- The Ultimate Brexit Guide For Freelance Web Designers