- Glasgow, GB
- £27 /hr
- Available now
Available for new projects!
My name is Jack Duckworth (JJD) and I am a graphic/web designer and visual artist working under the name JJD Works. For the over fifteen years I have worked on hundreds of projectsmore...My name is Jack Duckworth (JJD) and I am a graphic/web designer and visual artist working under the name JJD Works. For the over fifteen years I have worked on hundreds of projects across the world working for a number of different studios and agencies including The Wax Museum, a company I founded and was part of since 1999 until 2010. I have a broad portfolio of work ranging from packaging and artwork for the music and arts business to full corporate branding and building CMS-based websites.
Most of my work is done remotely although I am willing to discuss working on-site projects in most UK locations for short term contracts if the opportunity is right.
For inquiries regarding your next project, please contact me at email@example.com or visit www.jjdworks.com.
I am extremely comfortable and skilled in software programs such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, After Effects, etc.), Quark XPress, Coda, Logic Pro, and more.
Area Covered: UK
May 2010 – Present
• Contract Graphic/Web designer with clients in Europe and North America. Services include art direction, music promotion design, branding, front end web development, designing and building websites in various CMS systems (WordPress, Joomla, etc.), and more. Other periphery services include graphic arts, collage work, video editing and audio production.
The Color Company
January 2012 – September 2013 (1 year 9 months)
• Artworking, Creative Direction, Email Marketing, Front End Web Development
On Demand Communications
September 2008 – December 2011
• Artworking, Creative Direction, Graphic Design, Print Estimating, Client Relations
Work Experience Summary: The Wax Museum Designs
1999 - 2010
• co-owner and manager, offering services for web design + development, package + print design, new media, and pre-press.
The Element Agency
September 2005 - September 2007
• a unique three-month full-time contract, followed by regular part-time work, as an art director for a world renowned "green" politics ad agency.
Future Shop / Best Buy Canada
June 2003 - October 2003
• a four-month contract in the advertising department at Future Shop Canada. layout, production, and pre-press of their weekly, Canada-wide distributed sales flyer.
Allegra Print & Imaging
February 2000 - January 2002
• bindery, shipping, receiving, computer pre-press and design, online ordering.
Education Summary: Vancouver (Canada) Community College (Graphic Arts and Printing Program)
November 1998 - August 1999
Center For Digital Imaging and Sound (CDIS)
October 1997 - June 1998
Print Designer and Web Designer/Programmer