- Views 53
What you get with this Hourlie
Why we need to automate the excel reports?
1) It save time
2) Replace human operation which is physically hard
3) Perform all the tasks very easily which are beyond of human capabilities
4) By automating reports managers can increase their productivity
5) It can perform all the tasks accurately without any mistake while human can
What are the steps used in automation?
1) Creation of front-end spreadsheet
2) Creation of back-end spreadsheets
3) Incorporating Math and Statistical skills
4) VBA code to automate the refresh
What is the average time taken to automate a report?
From the past experience, I would say it takes approx. 10 hours to automate a moderate level report.
My thumb rule?
When creating any report, the first rule of thumb should be that the data is the star. Cluttering the screen with unnecessary components will distract from the information displayed, so a KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) approach is best.
Who is Manu?
Manu is working as a Business Analyst in one of the world's biggest pure play analytics company. His daily work is to simplify and solve business problems by creating excel dashboards for the client.
What the Seller needs to start the work
1)Scope document of the project, as it will help to keep a track of the requirements
2)Industry indicators and variables to analyze the data
3)A spreadsheet with data(any format compatible with Excel)
3)What version of Excel you will be using (Mac/Windows) (Excel'07/10)