- Views 220
What you get with this Hourlie
For £995 I can design and run usability testing sessions for your website where you will get first hand feedback on it's performance and how well your visitors interact with it.
The testing consists of 6 x 60-90 minute sessions with each participant where they sit down in front of a computer and test your website according to predefined tasks/questions, written by me in conjunction with you.
- Design of usability testing sessions.
- Running of 6 sessions using participants recruited by you - Use colleagues, employees, friends or family.***
- Video / audio recording of sessions including screen recordings plus visuals of participants body language and facial expressions.
- Written report which documents findings including problematic areas and recommendations on how to improve them. This includes design mock-ups where appropriate.
- Your website will be tested on both mobile and desktop. The percentage split to be decided.
***It is possible to recruit carefully screened participants through an agency with whom I have a relationship with. These participants can be of a similar demographic as your customer base. This comes at an extra cost of £825 for 6 people.
What's the timescale of this project?
The timescale for the project is approximately 2-3 weeks despite this hourlie stating "5 days". This is the maximum PPH allows us to specify. A lot of work goes in to a usability project therefore it's not possible to turn it over in 5 days. This timescale is only a guideline and is subject to change depending on the logistics of the project.
Why 6 participants?
Generally 6 participants provide effective results. Any lower and it's difficult to see patterns in behaviour. Any more and you start to see repetition or one-off oddities which would not normally be acted on. That said, I am happy to provide as few or as many participants as you need.
Where do the sessions take place?
With today's technology, sessions can take place pretty much anywhere. If you have offices and you're willing to supply a private room then sessions can take place there.
Alternatively, we can hire out some office space at a convenient location.
If testing sessions require me to travel outside of the London tube network and/or rent temporary office space these expenses and the added time will have to be charged for. Please enquire before purchasing this hourly if you have any questions.
What the Seller needs to start the work
In order for me to get started, please could you supply the following:
- A link to the website which you would like to be tested.
- A brief description of what you want to gain from this session, for example: Increase sales of a certain product or drive more leads etc...
- Any specific areas of your website which you would like to test.
- A decision on whether you would like to supply your own participants or whether you would like me to supply them for you.
- Where you are based.