- Views 41
What you get with this Hourlie
In our saturated job market, busy employers can take under 10 seconds to scan your CV. Accidental errors and irrelevant information can overshadow your suitability when reaching for that first role, career change or promotion.
I provide a high-quality proofreading and editing service for CVs, cover letters and job applications.
I combine my HR talent hiring experience with a methodical and human-approach to reveal how you can tailor your application profile so your skills and experience shine through.
– Reduce the awkward task of self-reflection with an objective, outsider review
– Invest in yourself to gain a competitive edge on other applicants
– Increase confidence in your application with a professional edit
– Direct the focus to relevant information by reducing unnecessary text and the length of your CV
– Create a positive impression on the hiring team by submitting a conscientious application
YOUR HOURLIE INCLUDES:
– A proofread of a 2 page CV and cover letter (up to a total of 2000 words) to ensure accuracy, consistency and clarity
– One revision that covers:
• Language: spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Flow: long or fragmented sentences and paragraphs
• Clarity: suggestions to develop the text
• Typography: font style, size and colour
• Basic reformat of the layout/style to tighten up the flow of the content if relevant (this is not a redesign)
– Turnaround of 48 hours
– Returned document that’s been edited using Word’s Track Changes so you retain full control to accept the edits as appropriate and work through any queries
– Proofreading from a native English professional with a background in both HR/recruitment and proofreading/copy-editing, and a BSc in Human Communication
I also work on written materials for businesses, authors and students.
If you need a bespoke quotation, please contact me directly so we can discuss your requirements further.
What the Seller needs to start the work
Simply send your documents to me in an editable format such as Microsoft Word. This allows me to make tracked changes directly into your text so you can choose to accept them as applicable.
Where possible, please send details of the job/company/area of work that you’re applying for.
Please let me know if you have any specific requirements so that I can ensure that I cover any bespoke details, such as:
– Language style e.g. choice of suffixes ‘is’ / ‘iz’ ('prioritise/prioritize')
– Use of technical details/jargon
– Writing style e.g. use/don’t use the Oxford (serial) comma
I can begin work on your project immediately if I'm available. If your project is urgent, please send me a message to check that I have the availability.