What you get with this Offer
Sometimes the need arises to move your site to a new hosting account or domain name. Dealing with the steps involved can be quite daunting and stressful at times especially if it results in pronged downtime for your site during the move.
I have been working as a PHP programmer, web developer, commercial server administrator & hosting provider for around 20 years and have created a tried and tested procedure for safely moving sites between servers and/or domain names.
EXPLANATION OF THE TRANSFER PROCESS:
* A full copy of your site and database will be downloaded and installed to my secure development server, this is to ensure a full running backup of the entire site is available immediately before starting any of the work and provides an extra level of redundancy.
* Your site will be uploaded to your new hosting space.
* Your WordPress database will be setup on the new server and the data will be transferred between servers
* Once the site has been uploaded to your new hosting space, I will edit the WordPress configuration and settings to reflect the new server environment.
* Once everything is checked out on the new hosting and confirmed to be working ok I will then edit your Domain Name / DNS settings to point your domain to the new server.
IF YOU ARE CHANGING DOMAIN NAMES:
* In the event you are changing domain names, I will create specially coded MySQL commands that will update all of your existing WordPress content including page URL's, image URL's, files and contents to point at your new domain name, this will mean that all of your content will work immediately under your new domain name
* Your new domain name will probably need to be configured to point at your new server, if so I will carry this out as part of the hourlie.
You'll receive full contact info including Skype, Phone and email during the work so it’s easy to stay in touch and I'll be on hand to answer or questions you may have during the transfer.
Get more with Offer Add-ons
I can also migrate your cPanel email to a new cPanel server (up to 5 accounts)
Additional 1 working day+£15
What the Freelancer needs to start the work
I will need both your current and new hosting FTP logins and if you have access to cPanel or PLESK type admins for both sets of hosting I will need the login for these also, this is so we can extract and setup databases etc. Finally I will need access to the Domain Control Panel, this will normally have been sent to you from the company you used to register your domain.
If you are changing domain names I'll also need access to the Admin areas where your new domain is registered.
Great service as always, thank you
Ken was honestly a legend!
I had not used my website in over a year, someone else had taken my domain, I had hosting on two different sites and domains on separate accounts, I then couldn't find the password to login to my site and Ken just sorted everything out for me without me having to worry about anything.
I have been very skeptical of using online services before however I would never go back to web developers now and will be using Ken again for more work on my website.
Honestly can't thank him enough he's been amazing and I would 100% recommend him!!!!
Great service as always, thank you!
Excellent! Highly recommended. Ken went above and beyond. Really helpful and nice to work with. Thanks
Great communication and fast response highly recommended
I would give Ken 10 stars if I could
Ken is very helpful and a pleasure to work with
Ken is incredible at what he is doing. He was able to deliver the task fast, and at the best quality.
Can only recommend!
Very helpful thank you