- Views 34
What you get with this Hourlie
I will diagram your current deployment architecture and identify how data moves through your application. I will then give concrete advice on how you can improve the performance of your PHP application.
I'll be addressing issues such as:
* Adherence to RESTful principals in your API,
* Using Redis/Memcached to cache database queries,
* Setting cache control headers correctly,
* Using a content distribution network (these are cheaper than you think),
* Setting up a load-balanced cluster of servers,
* Correctly configuring PHP-FPM and your webserver,
* X-scaling by adding more servers behind a load-balancer,
* Y-scaling by splitting up different parts of your application,
* Z-scaling by partitioning your application across servers,
That's not to say I'll be recommending all (or any) of these, but those are some of the options that I'll be looking at.
At the end of the hourlie you will have a diagram of your current architecture and a list of practical steps that you can take to improve the performance of your application. I'll highlight the "low hanging fruit" for you so that you know where to start.
What the Seller needs to start the work
I will need you to give me an example user account that I can use to examine the network traffic. I'll also need you to give me access to any monitoring tools that you may be using. While I'm busy with the review I'll ask you a number of questions and ask to see copies of your web-server and PHP-FPM configuration files. I shouldn't need direct access to your server though :)