- Zhovtneve, UA
- $15 /hr
- Available now
Main areas of translation: Engineering, Electronics, Mechanics, Home Appliances, Industry and Technology,more...Translation:
Main areas of translation: Engineering, Electronics, Mechanics, Home Appliances, Industry and Technology, Conveyors, IT, Software, Hardware, Computer Systems and Networks, Internet, Computer Games, Multimedia, Cosmetics, Elections, Literature, Linguistics; Instructions, Descriptions, User Manuals, User Guides, Trainings, Articles; Software Localization; Subtitling.
Area Covered: Ukraine, USA
Work Experience Summary: 2002 – 2004 – Chief specialist, translator, the Recreation Department, the Podilski Tovtry National Nature Park, Kamyanets-Podilskyi.
September, 2002 – March, 2003 – Interpreter of the Peace Corps Volunteer.
2004 – 2009 – Translator, interpreter, technical writer, Deka-Soft Ltd., Kamyanets-Podilskyi. Software, hardware, IT, computer networks (responsibilities: interpreting at meetings, trainings, and interviews; technical documentation writing, instructions, user and administrator guides, software products descriptions writing and translating, and software localization).
2009 – to present – Translator, technical writer, software tester, Logic Land Ltd., Kamyanets-Podilskyi. Technical documentation writing, instructions, user manuals and administrator guides writing and translating, software products descriptions writing and translating, software localization; corporate software testing.
2005 – to present – Freelance translator (English-Ukrainian, English-Russian, Ukrainian-Russian) and QA Tester.
I took part in the following translation and localization projects:
- Technical documentation and user manuals, UI localization (GPS navigators (Samsung), mobile phones (Nokia, Sagem, Vertu), TV-sets (LG, Samsung), headsets, speakerphones (Jabra), conveyors, sensors, transmitters (BTI Machinery, UK, Poland, Pryluky, UA, Weinmann, Germany, PCME Ltd., UK)), pressure washers (Texas, Karcher), lift arms, lift rails, gripping devices (Binar Quick-Lift Systems AB);
- Instructions, user manuals, specifications, guides and press releases for different equipment and home appliances: cameras, lenses (Nikon, Canon Consumer Imaging), printers, scanners, projectors (Lexmark, Canon, Epson, HP), monitors (Dell, HP), business PC’s and personal workstations (HP), calculators (Canon – recycled range), mobile phones (Nokia, Sagem, Vertu), TV-sets (LG), food processors (Kenwood), medical devices (Cardio Vision, Somnoset; Portable veterinary monitor);
- Accounting software localization, guides to the Payment Gateway system translation (Exceleron, USA, LogicLand, Ukraine);
- Brochures on different kinds of technologies and products, Material Safety Data Sheets (FIA, Statoil);
- Trainings and brochures on marketing and cosmetics (Avon, Zepter, L’Oreal);
- Medical/Pharmaceutical documentation (Instructions, questionnaires, studies and trials results and process proofreading/editing, patients home care materials for volunteers and nurses translation);
- Automobiles software localization: interactive systems, navigation systems (Ford);
- Computer and mobile phones games localization (Standard games for Symbian OS for Nokia phones and for Windows 7, The Settlers, Infinity Blade, and Infinity Blade II, Hot Wheels series). I took part in Counter-Strike, Infinity Blade, and Infinity Blade II localization project as a proofreader;
- Software localization (esp. UI of software products, games, and web systems) and translation for IT companies and mobile phones manufacturers (Google, Microsoft, HP, Nokia, Vertu, Canon, Nikon, Epson, Ricoh, Lexmark, Sony);
- Microsoft products localization (Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Communicator 2007 R2, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office 14, Microsoft Office 15, Lync Online, Microsoft Online Services, Windows Azure);
- Localization testing and QA (Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7);
- Software testing (Billing and accounting systems);
- PC and web games testing (Sony, Disney Studio);
- Web games QA testing (Cisco VPN usage, JIRA management system, Zephyr test management system; Fiddler, Charles Proxy) (Disney Studio):
• Tests execution to compare results with requirements, identify defects, verify test requirements, and ensure compliance
• Writing and executing test cases
• Testing iOS and Android mobile applications
• Cross-browser testing
• Handling multiple tasks and priorities;
- Navigation systems voice-over;
- Transcribing (Bonus features, agriculture related texts);
- Subtitles translation (Feature films, comedies, documentaries, cartoons, training materials for Walt Disney Studio, Pixar, Warner Brothers, Universal, and Paramount; Autodesk trainings).
2004, 2006, 2007 – during Presidential and Parliamentary elections worked as an interpreter for the OSCE observers..
Education Summary: 1987 • 1997 • School #16, Kamyanets-Podilskyi;
1997 • 2002 • Kamyanets-Podilskyi State University, Philological Department, major • Ukrainian Language and Literature, and English Language and Literature;
2000 • 2002 • The First Kyiv State Courses of Foreign Languages, major • English Language;
2002 • 2004 • Kamyanets-Podilskyi State University, Foreign Philology Department, major • English Language and Literature; Master of Arts in English Language;
2003 • 2006 • IT Academy Step, Kyiv, major • Local and Internet Computer Networks; Computer Networks Administrator.