- City of London, GB
- £10 /hr
- Available now
As I have a wide and varied experience of working as an editor and translator in Hong Kong I am genuinely very interested the post of freelance translator.
I am a freelancermore...As I have a wide and varied experience of working as an editor and translator in Hong Kong I am genuinely very interested the post of freelance translator.
I am a freelancer working as an Editor and Translator (both English and Chinese) for nearly 2 1/2 years. I also had rich work experience after I graduated from University. I worked full time as Editor with two publishing companies. I worked at Kam Pui Enterprises Ltd trading as World Publishing Company and Seashore Publishing Company from 2000-2007; one of the prestigious publishing companies in Hong Kong belonging to Popular Group. Then, I worked as an Editor at Wan Li Book Co., Ltd. for a short time. These work experiences gave me the opportunity to learn and practise the skills of working in editing and translation.
Besides my work experience, in my studies, I gained knowledge of Magazine and Book Editing; Translation; Mass media and public communication; News Editing; News article writing; Copywriting; Creative Thinking; Novel Writing; Old Chinese Literature like Song Ci; Tang Shi; Kun Qu and Classic Drama etc. These courses in my study have given me professional knowledge of literature; editing; translation; writing; communication and PR skills.
I finished and was awarded my Degree in Journalism and Communication at the Chu Hai University of Hong Kong in year 2000. I have also been awarded a Certificate in English and Chinese at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. Recently, I have been studying for my Masters Degree in Chinese Language and Literature at Hong Kong Baptist University as a part time student. I have now completed all course subjects successfully and have handed in the final paper, I will be awarded my Masters Degree it the coming October.
Area Covered: Scotland, England, China, Hong Kong, Tai Wan
Work Experience Summary: 2008 September - Present
Work as a Freelancer for a few projects as an Editor and translator (Both Chinese & English).
2008 February • 2008 July
Web Editor & Secretary, iMed 21.com Ltd. (Hong Kong)
1. Responsible to organizing and maintaining the web-site, like news updating; writing new articles; handling membership.
2. Translation articles.
3. Customer services via phone or face to face.
4. Responsible to promoting the web-site.
5. Responsible to doing administrative work.
6. Filing and data entry.
2007 August to November (Short-term Job)
Editor, Wan Li Book Co. Ltd. in Hong Kong.
1. Responsible for organizing, preparing, editing and publishing books mainly dealing with cooking and life style.
2. Made deal with author; designer; photographer and publishing manager.
Editor; Kam Pui Enterprises Ltd trading as World Publishing Company & Seashore Publishing Company in Hong Kong.
1. Responsible for organizing, preparing, editing and publishing a wide range of books: cookbooks; parenting guides; children’s stories; novels and life style etc.
2. Copywriting articles for in-house newsletter and company web-site.
3. Made deal with author; designer; photographer and production manager.
4. Presented company products to readers at the Hong Kong International Book Fair.
5. Organizing event like press conferences.
6. Handling reader enquiries.
7. Administrative work for Editorial Department including Filing.
Education Summary: 2008-present: Master of Chinese Language and Literature (Hong Kong Baptist University)
2006-2007: Certificate in English and Chinese (School of Continuing and Professional Studies; The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
2005-2006: Certificate of The Kindergarten Christian Education Foundation (Hong Kong Baptist Theological Seminary; Hong Kong)
2001-2003: Certificate in Christian Counseling (Bethel Bible Seminary; Hong Kong)
1996-2000: Degree of Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Communication (Chu Hai University; Hong Kong)
Wing Shan L.
Books, Magazines and Web Editor; Chinese & English Translator; Copywriter