- Birkenhead, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Work Experience Summary: Randstad / LiverpoolJMU (part time / term time) Note Taker
• Reliable, ablemore...Work Experience Summary: Randstad / LiverpoolJMU (part time / term time) Note Taker
• Reliable, able to fit into a routine, excellent people skills : Attend lectures in zoology with undergraduate student who has Autism / Asperger syndrome and post graduate student in Genetic Engineering.
• Listening and observation: Take notes as requires help student around different campus sites.
• Communication skills - Liaise with students family
Royal Mail (Chester) December 2011
Mail Sorter (Xmas Staff)
• Able to make decisions quickly, good hand- eye coordination -sorted parcels and letters by hand
• Stamina required as worked 12 hour shift pattern – Loaded 250 kg ’ yorks’ for dispatch.
Wirral Borough Council, Birkenhead October 2009 – October 2010
• People Skills: Supervised the search room including group visits from schools.
• Customer Service: Answered internal and external queries in relation to the collections and the service
• ITC Literate: Accurately maintained all finding aids, in particular the CALM database
• Record keeping: Participated in annual stock take of holdings
• Marketing: Assisted with promotional activities including the production of exhibition materials and other resources, and outreach and educational activities.
• Attention to detail: Monitored the physical condition of the archives retrieved issued and stored and recorded all information causing concern.
• Specialist Archiving Skills: Accessioned new materials received and assisting with basic sorting, listing and indexing of items; retrieved and returned items from and to the strong room. Conservation Skills: Undertook repackaging, labeling and basic preservation and conservation duties on documents, in accordance with best practice conservation guidelines
Liverpool Academy of Art, Liverpool October 2007 – December 2008
Administrative Assistant / Archivist
• Project Management: Helped set up sculpture exhibition - source items, liaise with owners, set up exhibition space. Closed down archive and exhibition and pass to next custodian.
• Office Skills: Set up office & office systems & IT from scratch
• Organisational Skills: Organize personal papers for inputting into a database and creating said database.
• Attention to detail: Initiated assessment of archive & assessed condition and timescale of work.
• Budgeting Skills: Ordered specialist archive material ensuring value for money, Recorded all financial transactions for £50k HLF grant using Excel spreadsheets.
• People Management: Helped organise training for 10 volunteers in Oral History & interviewing skills
• Communication Skills : Networked with other organizations, invited public to heritage open day in studio
A Foundation, Liverpool September 2006 – November 2006
• Customer Service: Meet & greeted public, answer enquires; ensured the safety of public whilst on premises.
• Using initiative: Created a photo album of exhibits that were not accessible to wheel chair visitors.
Mott Macdonald MIS, Liverpool March 2003 – April 2004
• ITC Skills: Learned how to use MAPINFO GIS software & utilized previous IT training & skills; Produced digitized maps for clients - printed or on CD formats
• Organisational Skills: Organised all aspects of training course in MAP INFO
Courts Service, Wrexham, Wales October 2002 – February 2003
• Office Skills: Created paper & electronic file for each case, retrieved said files; Worked in post room
• Communication Skills: Liaised with other office for court dates.
• Organisational Skills : Dealt with high volume of paperwork , worked accurately under pressure
• Attention to detail: Issued new claim after checking paperwork for accuracy.
Wirral Health Informatics Service, Birkenhead February 2002 – September 2002
Help Desk Analyst
Performed hardware & software audits within GP surgeries.
Created E-mail accounts for community staff. Resolved IT Issues with third party support
Alpha / Novas, Liverpool January 2001 – January 2002
Adult Work based training - classroom & work placement. Gained knowledge & practical experience in IT industry & gained qualification, Gained confidence to study towards HNC computing.
IGER, Aberystwyth, Wales September 1993 – November 2000
Assistant Research Scientist
• Helped run Government field trails assessing new varieties of White Clover.
• Collected and collated data from field & glass house experiments.
• Input data for statistical analysis and produced graphs & tables for scientific publication.
• Co authored several scientific papers in 'Grass & Forage Science' journal.
Liverpool University, Liverpool - Digitization Intern October 2010 – October 2010 Utilized technical skills to digitized Edwardian photographic glass negatives.
Team work - Negotiated with partner best images to preserve.
Wirral Borough Council, Birkenhead October 2008 – October 2009
Utilized skills & experience from Dooley project to help with basic conservation and listing of archive documents & photographs. Used word processor to list play bills from Argyle Theatre.
Heritage Lottery Fund, Liverpool February 2009 – June 2009
Learned how to handle archives correctly and helped catalogue items from the Everton Football Club Archive.
BBC Radio Merseyside, Liverpool April 2006 – December 2007
Reorganized & update & maintained “contact book” information for ‘A Team’ Helpdesk, Helped answer
Listener’s enquires on phone. Collected oral history for the People's War (WW2) Project.
National Trust / Chambre Hardman January 2006 to June 2006
Handled delicate photographs & negatives and logged details for cataloguing
Education Summary: Dundee University February 2010 – June 2010
Paleography & Diplomatic Pass - 20 credits.
(Post Grad personal development course)
Wirral Metropolitan College September 2008 – June 2009
OCR Certificate Book keeping Pass (Level 1)
Wirral Metropolitan College / Liverpool JMU
October 2005 – July 2008
BA honors degree in Fine Art II-II (Level 4)
Wirral Metropolitan College January 2005 – April 2005
City &Guilds: Intro to delivery of Learning Pass (Level 3)
Wirral Metropolitan College September 2004 – June 2005
VTCT Diploma in Theatrical & Media Make-up Pass (Level 3)
Liverpool Centre for Arts Development September 2004 – June 2005
Goal NVQ 3 Business Start up Pass (Level 3) & ECDL Pass (Level 2)
Wirral Metropolitan College September 2001 – June 2003
Edexcel: BTECH HNC Computing-Business Information Pass (Level 4)
West Cheshire College Sept 2002 – June 2003
CACDP: Deaf Awareness (Level 1), CACDP: British Sign Language (Level 1)
Alpha Training Ltd, Liverpool January 2001 – May 2001
City & Guilds: 7261-212 Computing (Level 1); City & Guilds: 7261-222 Networking (Level 2)
Blackpool Collegiate September 1982 – June 1984
GCE A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology & General Studies
Hodgson High School September 1980 – June 1982
Ten GCE O Levels including English Language & Mathematics