- Sunderland, GB
- £6 /hr
- Available now
Wayne is a highly motivated and influential leader with proven management skills, over 20 years of productive work experience spanning African, Middle Eastern, and the formermore...Wayne is a highly motivated and influential leader with proven management skills, over 20 years of productive work experience spanning African, Middle Eastern, and the former Soviet Union’s emerging democracies, working on the behest of Governments, NGO’s, public and private companies. Wayne is in the possession of highly effective communications skills both written and spoken, is directed at all levels coupled with tact and discretion ensures a high level of personal dependability for sensitive and highly confidential workloads.
Wayne is a core process specialist, adept at creating sustainability through process planning and innovation, critical path review and linear streamlining. Merging formal book learning with practical processes experience Wayne will provide Initiative and efficiency in all aspects of the responsibilities the undertaking requires, however, he is just as readily adaptable and reliable when working alone or as part of a project team.
Wayne has successfully worked in some of the most demanding and diverse environments of the World up until very recently the Eastern Region of Africa specifically Southern Somalia, Puntland, Somaliland and Southern Sudan. Wayne has recently moved back to the UK with the intention of creating a career path in finance and accounting.
Somaliland Democratisation Mission (Registration), Republic of Somalia.
Advisory consultant to Interpeace’s democratisation mission to Somaliland. Specific duties akin to a deputy head of mission which takes into consideration the service and support to the International team of subject matter experts embedded with the National Electoral Commission (NEC), and various projects providing the NEC and InterPeace further development potential. Service and support by means of:
• Compliance advise regarding EU finance, audit and procurement regulations and Somaliland electoral law.
• Assisting the NEC on my core remit and advising the National Electoral Security Committee on national security issues.
• General aspects of working in Somalia regarding culture and religious matters. In particular:
o Assisted finance and procurement regarding updating systems and processes with a fully integrated purchasing model via excel.
o Assisted procurement by building a preferred supplier database.
o Assisted operations and finance with critical path analysis, benchmarking and timeline reporting and just being fully conversant with Microsoft project.
Projects by means of:
• Three phases of construction in and around the NEC complex bringing all facilities up to EU specifications and code including H&S and fire safety.
• Two phases of construction at the InterPeace residential compound again bringing the facility up to EU code, H&S and fire safety.
• Extended trips to Puntland to carry out five phases of construction with InterPeace partner the Puntland Development and Research Centre, the Puntland Electoral Commission and the InterPeace compound.
• Assisted IT with the planning of integrating functions on to an office file server.
• Responsible for all construction projects to be within EU code for construction, budgetary, audit and procurement regulations.
• To ensure that all constructions are complete and handed over on the arrival of the international embedded team.