- Birmingham, GB
- £7.50 /hr
- Available now
I am a student of MSc International Business looking for some administrative work. I can do all kinds of theoritical writings, mail writing & editing, database management,more...I am a student of MSc International Business looking for some administrative work. I can do all kinds of theoritical writings, mail writing & editing, database management, designing logos, brochures, pamplets, cover letters to all clients. I have experience of working in administration with a shipping company in Dubai. This has enhanced my accuracy with quickness.
Area Covered: Birmingham, London
Work Experience Summary: Work Experience:
August’08 • June’09 Seaworld Shipping and Logistics L.L.C., Dubai
Job Title: Operations Executive
• Visited customers and obtained trade leads which generated business activities for company and introduced me to commercial part of shipping activities.
• Negotiated and secured favourable freight rates from shipping lines as per requirements of clients.
• Independently managed freight forwarding activities for Import/Export shipments.
• Supervised container stuffing, packaging in port, streamlined container space and quick turnover which strengthened business relations with clients.
• Managed tanker and RO-RO vessels calling at UAE ports.
• Initiated changes to documentation and collaborated with accounts department for pro-forma vessel disbursement account and implemented strategy to control preventable expenditure.
• Gained knowledge of Inco terms, Chartering terms, Charter-parties and Geography of International trade.
May’07 • July’08 Seaworld Shipping and Logistics Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
Job Title: Trainee Executive
• Learnt the shipping trade, from the basics of handling operations independently for various liquid cargoes to containerisation.
• Studied and analysed pre / post fixture recaps and charter parties.
• Accomplished knowledge of voyage / lay time calculations, fixture negotiations, pre / post fixture work.
• Managed communication and maintained good business relations with charterers, shipbrokers, vessel owners, ship managers, port and customs authorities.
• Prepared and filed IGM/EGM in customs and arranged documents in appropriate manner which reduced delays in government department.
• Co-ordinated in variety of cultural environment with principals such as Navigator gas • UK, Ocean Tankers • Singapore, Fal Shipping • Dubai, ST Shipping • Singapore, Naftomar Shipping, Dynacom Tankers • Greece, S5 Agency • Kanoo Shipping.
Education Summary: Education:
2009 • 2010 M.Sc. International Business University of Birmingham
• Key modules include: International Marketing, International Business Strategy, Issues in Management, International Business Research, Cross-cultural Management.
2007 • 2009 PG Diploma in Shipping Management
Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping, Mumbai
• Key subjects studied: Chartering, Risk Management and Marine Insurance, Shipping Economics and Finance, Law of Sea Transport.
2006 • 2007 PG Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations
KC college of Management Studies, Mumbai
• Key subjects studied: Marketing Management, Public Relations, Campaign Planning.
2002 • 2006 Bachelor of Science University of Mumbai
• Subjects Studied: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
Virtual Administrator, Clerical service provider