- Castiglione Torinese, IT
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Bilingual technical translator with consolidated experience linked to leading companies and universities.
I hold a technical diploma as an electrical technician and have overmore...Bilingual technical translator with consolidated experience linked to leading companies and universities.
I hold a technical diploma as an electrical technician and have over 15 years in technical translations.
Over the years, I have gained solid experience in power generation and transmission, electrical systems, electric equipment, civil engineering, renewable energy, petrol engineering, environmental engineering, building materials & machinery, international, national and corporate rules and regulations.
Volunteer for the Ecospiritual Foundation NGO of the United Nations, which acts as advocate for human rights in regards to Indigenous Peoples. I have coordinated their foreign missions to the UN and served as statement writer.
Some of my most prestigious clients include:
- the Polytechnic University of Turin, for which I assisted the electrical engineering department in planning engineering courses in English for foreign students;
- Tamoil in regards to drilling operations and coiled tubing;
- the Regional Governments of Tuscany and Venice for what concerns European Development Policies linked to Agriculture, Energy and Environment;
- Tecnimont (ex-Fiat Engineering) for the construction of power and cogeneration plants in Albania and Brazil;
- Studio LCE for EPD reports linked to leading manufacturing companies.
As a native New Yorker who has been living in Italy for over 15 years, I have utmost cultural knowledge of both the American and Italian worlds, which is seen in the level of detail that I provide in my work.
I have no boudaries between one culture or the other, just one continuous flow.
Area Covered: electrical, petrol, civil, structural, mechanical, and environmental engineering; building materials and regulations, international technical standards, policies, technical contracts and pattents, plasma technologies, pharmaceuticals and clinical trials,
Job Title: Translator and English Teacher
Description: I review company documents and assist in technical translations, offering consulting on technical terminology. I also am the company technical English teacher and have a total of 38 students.
Freelance experienced technical translator