- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
A highly creative, enthusiastic and intelligent individual, who is well organised, forward thinking and reliable. An excellent communicator and listener who thrives on hard work.more...A highly creative, enthusiastic and intelligent individual, who is well organised, forward thinking and reliable. An excellent communicator and listener who thrives on hard work. Adopts a positive and professional approach to managing people, projects operations and finances. Works extremely well in a team, on her own initiative and across departments. Remains extremely calm under pressure and pays great attention to detail.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Editorial: fourteen years interior styling experience within the publishing, retail and advertising industries. Five years feature writing and editing experience in both online and offline mediums.
Interpersonal skills: strong network of reliable photographers and stylists for commissioning purposes. Built up relationships with architects, designers and online community, through strong communication skills to secure interviews, features and interior photo shoots.
Social media knowledge: strong social media presence, across numerous platforms with good knowledge of online content distribution.
Presentation skills: proficient presenter of feature ideas at editorial meetings.
People management: guided editorial assistants in their career path and trained style assistants up to become stylists.
Financial management: excellent numerical skills and experienced budget holder.
CAREER TO DATE
STYLE NV, 2009 – Present
• Established an interior style consultancy which sources homes around the UK and Europe, to style, photograph and write about, for international press syndication.
• Liaises with photographers, and designers to produce published and online features.
• Launched STYLENV.CO.UK to showcase styling work. The STYLE NV blog includes the following design related topics:
o Homes we love: a selection of the STYLE NV homes portfolio, plus written commentary.
o My Weekly Shop: a weekly compilation of seasonal shopping features.
o Trends: highlighting up and coming styling trends.
o Styling trends and tips: friendly styling advice and forecasting design trends.
o Decoration: ‘how to’ videos or step by step craft projects.
o Rants, raves, reviews: opinion based written features on design related issues.
o Chatting with: video and written interviews with designers and artists.
o Happy birthday: plotted histories on iconic designers.
o STYLE NV TV: videos on photo shoots and ‘how to’ craft ideas which are linked up to You Tube.
• Features are promoted using social media and effective online content distribution methods.
• The website has joined several affiliate marketing programmes and is linked to UKTV’s Love Home website to increase traffic.
• Google analytics show that there has been a significant increase in dwell time and unique visitors to the site, after marketing strategies were enforced.
• Manages a team of interns to assist with photo shoots and web site administration.
• Clients include:
o Attic Media (Serbia), Grazia
o Caxton Magazines (South Africa), Woman and Home
o Centaur Publishing, Period Living
o Condé Nast, Easy Living
o Editora Globo (Brazil), Casa e Jardim
o Egmont(Norway), Kamille
o Gruner + Jahr, Living at Home (Germany)
o Hearst, House Beautiful, Good Housekeeping
o Hearst (US), Marie Claire
o IPC Media, Ideal Home, Homes & Gardens, 25 Beautiful Homes, Marie Claire, Woman & Home,
o Immediate Media, Homes & Antiques
o Laura Ashley
o Media 10, Grand Designs
o Tayllist Media, Kitchens Bedroom & Bathrooms
o The Conran Shop
o World Market Intelligence, IDFX
o The Guardian, Space
Freelance Stylist, August 2002 – 2009
• Styling services to the publishing, retail, PR and advertising industries and private clients.
• Freelance jobs included design consultation, photo shoots, makeovers pitch theatre, and events.
• Developed and presented innovative designs for clients.
• Directly involved in the full cycle of the photo shoot production which involved:
o Design consulting
o Product sourcing
o Art directing
o Location searching
o Model casting
o Negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers and press offices
o Crediting and captioning
• Managed budgets for photo shoot and freelance projects.
• Clients include:
o Hachette Filipacchi, Elle Decoration
o John Brown Citrus Publishing, Orange
o Mail on Sunday, You Magazine
o Quintessentially Events, Vogue 90th Birthday Party
o Taylist Media, Kitchens Bedroom & Bathrooms
o The Sunday Express, S Magazine
o The Sunday Times, Style Magazine
o The Telegraph, Saturday Telegraph Magazine
John Brown Citrus Publishing, July 1999 – August 2002
Style Editor, IKEA Room Magazine
• Key member of team that re-designed and re-launched IKEA Room Magazine, which won best re-design, best customer magazine and best designed contents page at the Magazine Design Awards (2002).
• Pitched and negotiated issue features to clients.
• Directed, produced and styled photo shoots.
• Responsible for the written credits and captions in each issue.
• Commissioned photographers and stylists
• Managed suppliers and contractors.
• Managed budgets and coordinated shoot schedules.
Style Assistant, IKEA Room Magazine July 2000 – Dec 2001
Editorial Assistant, IKEA Room Magazine July 1999 – July 2000
• BA (Hons) Decorative Arts (First Class Honours), Nottingham Trent University
• Art Foundation (Distinction)
• A Levels Art (A), English (C), French (D)
• GCSE's - Grades A-C, 9 (including English A, Maths B)
• London College of Printing – Sub Editor Course
References available upon request.
Interior Stylist, Interiors Writer, Homestager, Window Dresser, Events Stylist, Food Stylist,