- Norwich, GB
- £10 /hr
- Available now
I am an IT Specialist with four years' diverse experience in the development, automation and improvement of management information reports and business process audits withinmore...I am an IT Specialist with four years' diverse experience in the development, automation and improvement of management information reports and business process audits within the field of general insurance.
The services I can offer include analysing data, creating reports and developing VBA scripts in Microsoft Access and Excel. I am also proficient in database development using Access, SQL Server, MySQL and IBM DB2, and website development using PHP, ASP and JSP.
Area Covered: Norwich
Work Experience Summary: HR Reporting Analyst (May 2009 - current)
Producing regular MI reports and responding to ad-hoc data requests from across the company.
Process Improvement Lead Adviser (April 2008 - April 2009)
• Delivered automated solutions which saved over 180 manual hours of activity per month within 1 year; equating to a £47k annual saving.
• Created an Access Macro Troubleshooting Guide to support the members of the Reporting Team.
• Devised a new project development lifecycle for the Process Improvement Taskforce.
• Designed and implemented a brand new Process Improvement Taskforce customer feedback process.
• Successfully planned and delivered a presentation about Process Improvement at a Projects & Development away day.
• Rapidly developed skills in desktop technologies including Microsoft Access, Excel, VBA and SQL.
• Worked closely with customers to determine their requirements and conducting a full handover of new processes.
• Promoted the sharing of knowledge within the team.
Automation Lead Adviser (January 2008 - March 2008)
• Created online versions of Ops Services reports, using Microsoft Reporting Services and SQL Server 2005/2000.
• Devised Business Requirements Definitions for reports prior to automation.
• Liaised with report owners and end-customers to understand their requirements.
• Worked closely with the Transformation Team for the creation of the back-end datasets.
Operational Services Reporting Analyst (March 2007 - December 2007)
• Promoted from Adviser level to Lead Adviser, taking on more responsibility for the department.
• Took full responsibility for the development and running of the monthly Property Recoveries Report.
• Liaised with internal customers and claims centres to ensure the monthly data files arrived on time.
• Assisted with the resolution of issues and queries relating to the Property Recoveries Report.
• Added numerous enhancements to reports in response to customer demand.
• Developed a VBA menu in Access to streamline the Property Recoveries Report.
• Delivered all reports and fulfilled ad hoc requests in a timely and accurate manner.
Test Analyst (UAT) (Secondment: January 2007 - March 2007)
• Responsible for executing test scripts to ensure the Exceed (Single Insurance Platform) system functioned as expected.
• Raised system defects on the Exceed database for resolution and then re-tested the system.
• Analysed Business Requirements and Change Requests to build test conditions and test cases.
• Developed knowledge of the principles of user acceptance testing within a very short space of time.
• Acted as a liaison point between the Test Team and the Process Control Team.
Process Control Adviser (June 2005 - December 2006)
• Defined and developed business process audits for Pricing, Conversion, Documentation and Contact Centres, most notably the Motor Renewal Review pricing audit.
• Created complex audit templates (using Microsoft Excel and Access) and optimised existing ones.
• Applied statistical sampling methods to Process Control audits.
• Trained and coached colleagues within Process Control and the wider department.
• Set up and edited a bi-monthly team newsletter.
Education Summary: Professional Member of British Computing Society (MBCS) and member of Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
IBM DB2 SQL Course - February 2009, Lumia Development.
Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) - June 2008, Chartered Insurance Institute.
BSc Hons Computing Science (Grade 2:1) - June 2005, University of East Anglia.
A Levels in Computing, French and Media Studies - June 2002, City College Norwich.
8 GCSEs including Maths and English Language - June 2000.
Elementary Word Processing (First Class Pass) - April 1999, Pitman Training.
IT Specialist with wide range of skills