- Stockport, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I\'m a project manager with over 10 years experience in managing the development of software applications and websites.
I can plan, schedule and budget projects; developmore...I\'m a project manager with over 10 years experience in managing the development of software applications and websites.
I can plan, schedule and budget projects; develop solution architectures and wireframes; brief designers and developers; monitor projects and manage risks and issues throughout the project lifecyle.
I can make sure you get the most from your budget by ensuring your requirements are clearly defined, accurately estimate the amount and type of resource required, help select the right people for the job and manage a remote team through development ensuring that your budget, scope and requirements are met.
I\'ve managed projects for clients such as Kellogg; MTV; Activision, Liberty and the BBC using both PRINCE2 and agile project methodologies, choosing the right approach for the requirements of the job.
I\'m looking for opportunities to help set up projects and identify their risks, budgets, requirements and timescales; as well as ongoing project management and delivery to see a job to its conclusion.
Area Covered: North West England
Work Experience Summary: September 2009 • August 2010 Project Manager, e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH)
I’m currently nearing the end of my 11 month contract for a Department of Health funded programme to deliver e-learning for healthcare professionals. Due to government cuts, further project funding has not been granted. During my time at e-LfH I have:
• Initiated the most effective project so far, achieving key milestones 2 months ahead of schedule and maintaining an extremely high level of team motivation;
• Managed two £3million projects developing materials to support the training of Ophthalmologists and Facial Surgeons;
• Taken over a poorly performing project and achieved a 50% increase in e-learning production within six months;
• Targeted and motivated over 50 surgeons to voluntarily author materials for use in the e-learning (which had to be undertaken alongside their existing clinical) commitments;
• Developed excellent working relationships with both my clinical leads, allowing very productive use of their limited time with best use of their expertise;
• Developed systems to efficiently manage and monitor an instructional design team of 15 people and quickly turn these into key performance indicators for the senior project team;
• Formed close relationships with the remote project team through regular and frequent contact and open communication, successfully removing many of the risks that can be associated with a remote team.
February 2009 • September 2009 Producer, magneticNorth
I took on a short term contract as a Producer in a creative, innovate new media company. My highlights included:
• Managing the development of a pan European site for Britain’s fastest growing cereal, Special K;
• Realising the best profit margins so far in recent projects for two of the company’s regular clients;
• Defined the way the company decided to run projects in the future with a clear pricing structure and effective way of managing scope-creep;
• Producing four projects from idea to live site in my first three months at the company.
August 2006 • February 2009 Project Manager, Lightmaker
I joined a small team of 12 and in my first six months implemented project management tools to measure earned value analysis, budget control and customer satisfaction. The team has now almost doubled in size and I helped secure a happy, loyal and profitable customer base of clients such as Liberty, Morphy Richards and Peter Gabriel’s Real World.
• Managed the development of a revolutionary software application using Adobe Air with Peter Gabriel and his team and helped define the solution through iterative development and user testing;
• Managed a team of 12 developers and three designers including offsite contractors to plan, design and develop a challenging £300k piece of software using Microsoft WPF;
• Appointed member of the core management team, helping to shape the growth of the company and strategy for 2008 and 2009;
• Implemented controls to ensure accurate budget development, frequent and detailed progress and profit measurement and test plans;
• Managed the launch website for the Nintendo DS version of Guitar Hero to an extremely tight deadline and achieved 97% client satisfaction;
• Planned and managed the build and delivery of MTV’s European Music Awards 2007 site in a six week turnaround time and achieved 30% increase over planned profit;
• Secured contract to develop Liberty’s website and managed the project which won The Big Chip Best Design Award in 2007. Liberty was so delighted with the results we worked with them to design their new ecommerce site that was launched in 2008.
May 2001 • August 2006 Project Manager, 3T Productions
I worked my way through the ranks at 3T from Production Assistant to Production Lead and Producer. My highlights included:
• Producing £2million software solution, Sonica, to support the teaching of Spanish in primary schools; demonstrated this to audiences around the country which helped earn the project a number of awards including:
o Education Resources Awards 2006 - UK Innovation,
o the e-learning Awards 2005 - Most Innovative use of e-learning and
o Big Chip Awards 2006 - Best e-Learning Project;
• Taking over a failing project from another Producer and turning a projected £15k loss into a £15k profit whilst maintaining excellent levels of client satisfaction;
• Identifying and winning opportunity with the Ordnance Survey to develop their GIS Zone website which achieved the Geographical Association Gold Award.
Education Summary: Expert skills in: Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Basecamp
Experience of: html, .css, Adobe Flash, Photoshop, lllustrator, .Net, Microsoft WPF, Prince2, SCRUM
Knowledge of: ITIL, Adobe Air, .asp.Net, jQuery
BA Honours 2:1 Psychology and English Literature
A levels B, C, C, English Literature, Sociology and Art
GCSEs 9, all B and above, including Maths and English