- London, GB
- £60 /hr
- Available now
I manage small to medium sized web and software development projects. Focusing on matching the user experience with the business requirements while remaining adaptable. I managemore...I manage small to medium sized web and software development projects. Focusing on matching the user experience with the business requirements while remaining adaptable. I manage existing teams or can provide good quality yet affordable outsourced skills.
My approach is strongly focused on managing the risks that software often poses to meeting your expectations. I clearly understand the impact and change of any new IT application or system, and the results they will and won't bring. In particular I focus on failed projects, and bring them back on track.
This allows for regular yet high value incremental results, rather than big bang. I believe that in harder economic times, regular progress is key to ensuring you get value for money.
Area Covered: Surrey, London
Work Experience Summary: INDUSTRY
Investment Banking, Retail Banking, Consumer Products, Oil and Gas, Public Sector, Health and Safety and Professional Services
* Bachelor of Science, Information Technology and Economics
* PMP Certification, Prince 2 Certification, UML, ITIL, CMMI, Agile, RUP, RAD
English, Afrikaans and German
I’m a senior IT/Business project manager with wide and successful experience managing complex software implementations within a programme of work. I am result driven, detailed, hands-on, self-starter and highly motivated by assuming a positive get things done attitude. My passion lies with analysing, managing and documenting detailed requirements in defining IT deliverables, while ensure expectations are managed and traceability is maintained with business.
I’ve managed bespoke software and application framework projects. Including green fields intranet applications and content, complex front-end and back-end user interfaces, financial management and accounting, payments systems, deal trading systems and interfaces (Derivatives and Forex), information management systems, global intranet and internet applications. Including middleware, hardware and integration projects.
Solutions delivered include; Content and Document Management Systems (CMS/DMS); integration of multiple existing front-office and back-office systems and databases. Integration of ERP, EDRMS, and CRM systems, providing new intranet services to employee and customers. Complex UI’s, Upgrades and migrations.
I’m influential with stakeholders to define and simplify complex and overlapping requirements through workshops and a strong, yet realistic requirements management approach. I’ve delivered within an iterative and/or agile phased approach such that progress is regular and visible to the customer.
Project Team’s managed, interviewed and resourced include stakeholder and business teams ( Finance, dealers, dealing and control, back/middle/front office and other), Global IT, Business Analysts, Testing Teams, Infrastructure, multiple development teams, architecture, security, QA, business analysts, UXP, solution design, SOA, build managers, business intelligence, backend and mainframe.
I am a structured project manager able to integrate resources to provide detailed project documentation outlining the project or programme including Status updates, Project initiation, Business Case, Return on Investment, Business Requirements, Project Plans, Budgets and Risk and Issues Management plans and logs.
I continuously assess performance and develop new capabilities; Ensuring there are regular reviews, there is accountability, and that decision and action lists are used to manage project teams, stakeholders and partners.
I am experienced in managing multiple vendors, contractors and internal staff within a matrix environment. Remote management of teams based in India, USA, Spain, Switzerland, Germany, South Africa, France, Italy, Luxembourg and Australia.
Excellent presentation skills and personal credibility adequate to operate effectively at all levels. I am driven by quality outcomes, relationships and enjoy coaching, training and mentoring of developers and other team managers. With a passion for quality assurance and detailed risk management.
* RBS upgrade to Wholesale Cash Management System for Global Transactional Services (high profile turn-around project).
* Implementation of a new accounting model for RBS to comply with new balance sheet and reconciliation standards (high profile compliance project).
* National integrated application framework for customer service 4000 branches, Nedbank (Microsoft's 8th largest global Project.
* Delivery of BP's first Global Code of Conduct Intranet application, reporting to CEO (High Profile, turn-around project)
* BP Global Health and Safety Information Management Intranet Site (high profile compliance)
* BAT Global Knowledge Management Intranet Site
* Tiger Brands National Intranet site
* Global Wholesale Cash Forex Trading, Stock Management and Payment Systems.
* Financial compliance, reconciliation and reporting, Caustic and Walker.
* Global Corporate Enterprise Intranet and Internet delivery, Digital Asset and Records Management using tower, Personalisation and Customisation
* Systems Integration, Systems Development, Application Development, Middleware, (Microsoft, IBM)
* Facilitating workshops (JAD Sessions), Requirements Management using Clear Case, ReqPro
* CRM; Customer relationship management (Hogan) Microsoft (CCF/B) Customer Care Framework for Banking.
* Information/Knowledge Management Systems (Microsoft), Performance Management
* ERP (Upgrade, New Systems, Reconciliations and Integration); SAP (GL, HR), Oracle
* Compliance: Basel II, Legal Records Keeping, Security (Internet and Intranet)
* EDRMS, Content Management Systems, Document Management, Records Management and Imaging (FileNet, Tower Software (TRIM) Microsoft)
* Project and Programme management (Certified Project Management Professional PMPâ„¢, UK government Prince II Certified, PMBOK, Capital Value Process(CVP))
* Formal UML Training, RUP, RAD, Agile, MSF Agile and other software methods
* Software delivery .Net, C, C#, Java, Java2, JSP, HTML, PHP, XML, SQL Server
* IP Networking
* Project Office Auditing, Risk Management, Scope Management, Budget monitoring, Financial Management, Contract Negotiation and Management
* Management by exception and against baseline, board/executive dashboard reporting
* Customer Relationship Management, Facilitation and Conflict Resolution
Summary: PMP and Prince2 Certified Project Manager
University / College: Carter High School
University / College: Carter High Shcool
University / College: University of KwaZulu-Natal
Agile Project Manager