- Amersham, GB
- £50 /hr
- Available now
I write to introduce myself as an independent business consultant with 20 years industry & corporate experience, and would like to offer my services to themore...Dear Sir/Madam,
I write to introduce myself as an independent business consultant with 20 years industry & corporate experience, and would like to offer my services to the wider business community in these times of recession.
My objective is to critically evaluate your business and advise on specific areas of opportunity to improve productivity and reduce operating costs, utilising a variety of Business & Continuous Improvement methodologies.
I will then work with you to devise a full programme which I would lead initially. After experiencing some success and upon training members of your staff in the relative specialist areas, you would then be equipped to continue the programme independently when you chose.
What I do (Core Competences);
1. Analyse the Current State’ of your business:
Operations analysis; Asset base overall equipment effectiveness; Project & capital management strategy; Financial modelling of P&L/Capex/EVA; Organisational culture & skills assessment.
2. Design the Future State,’ to maximise the Continuous Improvement programme:
Total Productive Management strategy; Change management and technology opportunities; Lean Sigma/Kaizen for future state process mapping; Business strategy and CI policy deployment; Managing daily improvement with KPI’s & 5S.
I guarantee that as the continuous improvement programme progresses, the outcome will deliver improved financial results, rapidly and cumulatively as long as changes are sustained.
How I work;
1. FREE initial consultation meeting to discuss opportunities and a draft programme.
2. Critical business evaluation (on single or multi site). Depending on size of business, this can be 1 • 5 days. We will also provide a report/presentation and suggest a forward plan including the training of your staff.
3. Full support on the main programme is negotiable depending on its duration.
TJ Seabrook MBA, CEng MIMechE, BEng (Hons)
Area Covered: UK & internationally, as required by client.
Work Experience Summary: A senior executive with proven experience in engineering, operations, continuous improvement, financial and strategic management. A highly motivated individual who has successfully increased profit margins, developed new business and implemented high value capital projects internationally.
Details of relevant work experience over the last 5 years in the same corporate company;
Business Unit Manager;
• Profit & Loss responsibility for a £10M business unit (and £2M capital budget), managing 125 blue and white collar staff across 4 operations departments
• Rolled out Lean-Sigma programme throughout the Wales business and facilitated team Kaizen events.
• Formulated and implemented a departmental restructure and redeployment programme, through involving employees on an organisational culture change programme
• Management and negotiation with active local unions, to maintain workforce relations and productivity
• Delivered on key financial and operational targets by maintaining continuous 24/7 service output to the customer and increasing adhoc sales revenue by 7%
• Hands on approach, engaging with workforce to improve health & safety through regular audits of risk assessments, work instructions and behavioural observations
• Involvement with Human Resources in annual pay negotiation and blue collar staff disciplinaries
Senior Project Manager;
• Implementing and developing process improvement projects to reduce operating & maintenance costs
• Converted majority high value inventory into consignment stock through supplier negotiations, thereby maximising working capital and transferring risk through to supply chain
• Managing and directing multi-disciplinary teams encompassing employees, contractors and suppliers
• Managed Continuous Improvement programme achieving cost savings to the business of £5M
• Initiated early contract negotiations, to secure long term additional business and required investment
Business Support Manager;
• Responsibility for the development of service contracts and provision of business support to P&L operating businesses within the MultiServ group, with extensive global travel
• Strategic planning and Capital budget forecasting utilising Stern & Stewart EVA investment appraisal tools, to justify multi million dollar expenditure
• Successfully implemented new group technologies and renewed/won service contracts at numerous sites
Senior Technical Sales Engineer;
• Managing and selling engineering solutions to the industrial, aerospace and automotive markets
• Overall responsibility for 30 European Key Accounts, UK distribution & new business development
• Exceeded sales target of £5m by 6% through growth of distribution business and new markets
Education Summary: MBA Strategic Management, 2002 • 2005 (Part time)
BEng (Hons) Manufacturing Systems Engineering ( 2:1) 1995 • 1999 (Part time)
ENTRA NVQ level 4: Engineering Manufacture, 1995
BTEC HNC & NC Engineering, 1989 • 1995
CEng MIMechE: Chartered Engineer, Member - Institute of Mechanical Engineers, London, 2003
Business, Strategy & Continuous Improvement Consultant