- London, GB
- £23 /hr
- Available now
destination guides for online travel Website; travel pieces for an offshot online site of The New York Times
I have returned to my native London after living and working in New York City for 19 years. I have written for magazines as diverse as Cosmopolitan, Better Homes & Gardens,more...I have returned to my native London after living and working in New York City for 19 years. I have written for magazines as diverse as Cosmopolitan, Better Homes & Gardens, Meetings & Conventions and Car & Travel, where I was the travel editor and managing editor.
I have regularly appeared on TV and on convention panels as an authority on travel and have been to 79 countries.
I never miss deadlines (I get a rash if I do) and constantly exceed expectations. Well-read and well-travelled, my copy is pristine and can be adapted to suit any publication's needs.
I know hard work and dedication...recently, I ran across the Grand Canyon and then ran back again.
Area Covered: writing editing travel business travel
Job Title: managing editor/travel editor
Company: AAA New York's Car & Travel
Description: • Writing a number of high impact articles, including one which received more than 200,000 Internet hits
• Establishing print and online daily breaking-news blasts, forums and social-media platforms
• Overseeing the streamlining of the magazine from ten issues a year to six, with a higher page count and on better paper stock, which achieved savings of £500k whilst delivering a better quality magazine
• Playing a pivotal role in the management of New York’s leading travel periodical, a monthly publication for car owners and travel enthusiasts with monthly readership of 1.7 million
• Providing management and support to four staffers and numerous freelancers with full accountability for the quality and accuracy of their work
• Monitoring and controlling the budget for the magazine including negotiating cost-effective paper and print purchasing deals without compromising on quality
• Fully accountable for the management of the production process and calendar, effectively controlling the editorial-advertising ratio and helping departments meet budgets
• Additionally responsible for supervising automotive content and personally researching and writing travel features, news and articles
Summary: MA in English Literature & Creative Writing (Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey); May 1998; 3.85 GPA
UK and U.S. passports
write and speak Spanish
79 countries visited
more than 150 articles published
Field of Study: English Literature/Creative Writing
University / College: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey