- Chesterfield, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a highly experienced senior project manager/programme manager and business professional. A delivery driven individual with excellent leadership and people management skills.more...I am a highly experienced senior project manager/programme manager and business professional. A delivery driven individual with excellent leadership and people management skills.
A pragmatic and highly adaptable individual, adept at working within high pressure, dynamic and also heavily governed environments. Strong interpersonal and behavioural skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent administration and planning skills.
Ten years experience working for a range of blue chip and FTSE100 clients within the Financial, IT, Telecoms and Engineering industries. A Prince 2 Practitioner, an ISEB DSDM Atern Practitioner and educated to Bsc honours degree level. A strong history of successful project and programme delivery following both waterfall and agile methodologies.
Key areas of expertise;
- Project management,
- Event management,
- Programme management,
- People management,
- Business documentation and presentation
- Business administraton
Area Covered: Home office based only
Work Experience Summary: Professional & People Management Skills:
- Strong communication and behavioural skills, including negotiation, influential, expectation management and conflict management.
- Strong documentation and report writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels within an organisation including technical and non technical teams, directors, senior executives, steering groups and project boards.
- Experienced in client, vendor and 3rd party management.
- Senior executive, project board, steering group, director and business stakeholder management skills.
- Client, 3rd party and vendor management skills.
- Previously a line manager of 9 PHP and Java Developers, 6 Platform Support Engineers, and also deputy line manager to a regional team of >20 Platform Support Engineers.
- Previously deputy to the head of the Application Development department and the head of Programme Management.
- Effective matrix management of project team sizes of 70+ resources, locally, across different regional sites and where resources are based offshore.
- Matrix management of a range of non-technical resources including Project Managers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, Trainers, Service Delivery Managers, Production Integrators, marketing and finance professionals.
- Matrix management of a range of technical resources including Solutions and Technical Architects, SAP Specialists, Data Centre Engineers, Storage, Unix, Microsoft/Wintel, Network and Middleware/Web Technologists, DBA\'s, Web Designers and Content Writers, Application Developers, and Quality Assurance Testers.
Project & Programme Management Experience:
- Delivery of large and complex infrastructure, application development, information security compliance, continuity of business and business change projects and programmes.
- Strong understanding and experience of structured methodologies Prince 2, PMI and SDLC, and agile methodologies DSDM Atern and SCRUM.
- Strong Project Management core competencies skill set, enabling projects to be accurately scoped, budgeted and delivered within required timescales to defined quality criteria.
- Strong risk, issue, dependency and assumption management skills.
- Experienced in the creation of Project Initiation Documents (PIDs), Project Briefs and other key project documentation.
- Excellent planning skills, using product based and activities based planning techniques, and critical path analysis.
- Experienced in delivering projects end to end, and taking over numerous projects mid lifecycle at risk of failure and managing through to successful delivery.
- Excellent reporting skills at all levels including external client, senior executive, project board, steering group and project team.
- Strong estimation and budgetary skills. Experienced in bottom up and top down estimation, earned value and cost benefit analysis.
- Business Analysis skills, enabling business, functional and non-functional requirements to be accurately elicited, prioritised
- Portfolio management experience. Previous responsibility for determining and maintaining portfolio delivery roadmaps.
- Business change and consultancy experience, being highly involved in the establishment of a new programme management function, determining and implementing two new delivery lifecycles (waterfall and agile). Creation of multiple template documents including RAID log, project plans, capacity planning tools and reporting documents, which were adopted as part of the project delivery best practice.
- Experienced in training and mentoring Project Managers and Business Analysts and monitoring adherence to company project delivery best practices and processes.
Education Summary: - Bachelor Of Science Honours Degree in Business Studies & Information Technology (Open University)
- Diploma in Information Technology (Open University)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Open University)
- ISEB DSDM Atern Practitioner (agile software delivery project methodology)
- APM Group DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate (agile software delivery project methodology)
- Prince 2 Practitioner & Foundation Certifications
- GNVQ Level 3 - Advanced Business and Finance (Grade Distinction)
- Comptia A+ Certification
- NVQ level 2 and level 3 Use and support of information technology
- Cambridge University Certificate, Global communications and the Internet
- Word Processing, Text Processing & CLAIT certifications.
- 9 GCSEs grades A, B and C
Admin, Planning & Project Management