- Bangalore, IN
- £30 /hr
- Available now
Technical writer, content writer, information specialist, project management, setting up templates, style, setting up documentation team.
Area Covered: India, world
Company Name:more...Technical writer, content writer, information specialist, project management, setting up templates, style, setting up documentation team.
Area Covered: India, world
Company Name: Infotechwriter Documentation Services
Summary: Infotechwriter Documentation Services
Chief Consultant and Writer August 2010 to Present
• Project management and technical writing
• Conducted wiki trainings for corporates and Society for Technical Communication
• Blog writing
• Wiki setup and administration
Advance Technical Writer • Learning Products January 2009 to August 2010
• Project management for EEsof products documentation (IC-CAP, PDKs, and ADS Translators, and Genesys).
• Continually contributing to improvement of processes and Agilent Style Guide.
• Mentoring junior writers and trainees for technical writing concepts, working in Confluence wiki, and project management.
• Reviewing and refining documentation plans made by junior writers and drive the project to completion (tracking, risk management, deliveries).
• New hire ramp-up program.
• Quality Sign-off authority for EEsof EMG documentation deliverables.
Conexant Systems, India June 2006 to July 2008
Senior Technical Writer
• Managing legacy and new documentation projects for the BBA group. I have managed and successfully released the following documentation projects for BBA products at Conexant:
1. ISOS 10.0 SR1/SR2/SR3
2. Solos W/WV/NX
3. Odyssey Phase I
5. Vulcan/Viking TP
6. Xenon IIIG
The deliverables include Application Notes, Data Sheets, API Guides, CLI Reference Manuals, OEM Guides, User Manuals, and other deliverables.
• Tested and approved documentation updates before releasing it to the Licensee Server. Responsible for final approval of the documents for customer release after the technical reviews from the engineering department.
• Direct interaction with customers and marketing department for solving documentation defects and improvement.
• Resource allocation and managing the documentation projects from inception to completion.
• Mentoring junior writers and reviewing their work.
Euclid India Limited and Metrikus Inc. February 2004 to June 2006
Chief Consultant • Publications
• Managed documentation projects coordinating with junior writers, engineering, product management, and marketing team
• Co-authored the Style guide for the technical publications group
• Created templates for technical, marketing, and process documents
• Planning, writing, and editing the documents
• On-line help for Euclid's/Metrikus's software products
• White papers, website content coordination, ensuring brand consistency across all media, coordinating with engineering, implementation, and product marketing/development group to bring out deliverables in various formats.
• BizSmart Installation Guide & User Manual for Honeywell
• BizSmart Installation Guide & User Manual for Staples
• BizSmart Installation Guide & User Manual for Wells Fargo
• Online Help BizSmart Honeywell, Staples and Wells Fargo
• Metrikus Installation Guide 3.0
• Metrikus Administrator's Guide 3.0
• Metrikus Quick Start Guide 3.0
• Content and Illustrations for Metrikus Brochure.
Mobile Mantra AG October 2002 to February 2004
• Managed the product life cycle and ensured the product specifications are met and the product is continuously improved
• Managed website content, marketing brochures, product leaflets, user manuals, technical architecture notes, online help, release notes, white papers, and other deliverables
• Customer and marketing support
• Managing the translation services for the German and French customers.
Newgen Software Technologies Limited April 1999 • September 2002
Senior Executive • Technical Documentation
• Wrote user manuals, administrator’s manuals, and installation guides (for Transaction Processing 3.0, Transaction Processing 2.5, Preventive Maintenance Program (A Hotel Resources Management Software for a German Client)
• Help (online and context sensitive) for Transaction Processing 3.0, Transaction Processing 2.5, TP for Emergys Corporation, Transaction Processing 2.8 (LAN Version)
• Wrote marketing brochures for TP products and content for the website.
• Transaction Processing 3.0
• Emergys Corporation, Placement Consultancy (USA Client)
• Transaction Processing 2.5
• Preventive Maintenance Program, A Hotel Resources Management Software for a German Client
• Transaction Processing 2.8, TP Report Writer
• Transaction Processing 3.0, Transaction Processing 2.5 (Emergys Corporation)
• Transaction Processing 2.8 (LAN Version)
• Preventive Maintenance Program, Transaction Processing 2.8 (Web Version), TP Report Writer
• Installation Guides for all the Products
• Marketing Brochures for all the TP Products
• Website designing and content management of the Emergys and Mafoi web site
Indian National Scientific Documentation Center December 1998 • March 1999
• Indexing, abstracting, and classification of intra mural R&D projects under CSIR labs (1997-1998).
• Database management in Visual FoxPro.
Job Title: Chief Consultant
Company: Infotechwriter Documentation Services
Description: • Aligning customer documentation with your business.
• Content management services
• Technical writing and marketing communication services
• Implementing new collaboration and communication practices
• Anticipating and assessing your customers" documentation needs and customized solutions
• Partnerships between practitioners and academics
Job Title: Advance Technical Writer
Company: Agilent Technologies
Description: Responsible for project planning and documentation for the following Agilent's EEsof products:
1. IC-CAP (Device Modeling Software)
2. ADS Layout and Translators
3. Process Design Kits
4. IC-CAP Modeling Handbook
5. Genesys product documentation quality and sign-off owner for Genesys 2010.05
1. Transitioning of extensive IC-CAP Modeling Handbook from various formats (MS-Word, Power point slides, PDFs) to Wiki in a record time of 3 months. This book has second highest customer hits on Agilent's EEsof Wiki.
2. First delivery of IC-CAP 2009 on Wiki (Transitioned from Framemaker to Wiki) and subsequent successful delivery of IC-CAP 2009 Update 1 with enhancements in ADMOS modules (Wiki content).
3. Genesys 2009.04 product documentation (CHM)
4. ADS 2009 Update 1 - product documentation for ADS Layout and Translators
5. "PDK Design Made Easy" Training documentation (Phase 1)- An EEasy initiative for reducing customer calls and costs on designing process design kits for the foundries.
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Company: Conexant Systems
Description: I am managing the technical documentation for all the projects for CPE division.
Job Title: Chief Consultant - Publications
Company: Metrikus and Senior Technical Writer at Euclid India
Description: •Managed documentation projects coordinating with junior writers, engineering, product management, and marketing team
• Created Marketing Collateral and Partner Training Material for Metrikus's partners
•Co-authored the Style guide for the technical publications group
•Created templates for technical, marketing, and process documents
•Planning, writing, and editing the documents
•On-line help for Euclid's/Metrikus's software products
•White papers, website content coordination, ensuring brand consistency across all media, coordinating with engineering, implementation, and product marketing/development group to bring out deliverables in various formats.
Job Title: Product Manager
Company: Mobile Mantra
Description: •Participated in the development of the product and market strategy, product roadmap, and product lifecycle.
• Defined product release themes, feature sets, and priorities.
• Created MRDs and PRDs.
• Drived product planning efforts for product and technology including analyzing market, technology, and industry trends; developed use cases and market justifications; technology assessment, market research, and competitive analysis.
• Worked with the marketing team to develop release plans.
• Communicate product information throughout the company, including product training and product demonstrations for sales. Managed the product life cycle and ensuring the product specifications are met.
•Responsible for website content, marketing brochures, product leaflets, user manuals, technical architecture notes, online help, release notes, white papers, and other deliverables
•Managing the translation services for the German and French customers.
Job Title: Senior Executive - Technical Documentation
Company: Newgen Software Technologies Limited
Education Summary: Education
• Associateship in Information Science, 1999
(Awarded by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research)
Specialization in AIS: Technical Writing
National Institute of Science Communication and Information Research, New Delhi (NISCAIR)
• M.Sc. Environmental Science, 1997
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
• B.Sc. (General), 1995
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
Suman Lata M.
Technical writer, wiki expert