- Rotherham, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a CIMA qualified accountant who does the accounts for over 10 subsidiaries in a £130 million pound business. Since leaving University in 2005 I have been involved in all fieldsmore...I am a CIMA qualified accountant who does the accounts for over 10 subsidiaries in a £130 million pound business. Since leaving University in 2005 I have been involved in all fields of account culminating in my current position of managing account a far a field as India.
My prior role involved been employed at a multi-million pound company and responsible for preparing the accounts of 2 of the 6 operating divisions.
In these divisions I am an integral part of the management teams that run the business on a daily basis. My input has been key toward driving system improvement in all departmens.
I am a keen, enthusiastic worker who enjoys nothing more than the satisfaction of a job well done.
I work well to deadlines and am always keen to take on a challenge.
Area Covered: South Yorkshire
Work Experience Summary: Management Accountant
• In this role I am solely responsible for the finance function at Rotabroach and a smaller company in the group named Scandura. Rotabroach have a turnover of just under £4 million and Scandura turnover just under £2 million.
• Rotabroach are a manufacturer/importer of Drills and cutters for use in industry. Scandura produce gaskets and seals largely used in the automotive industry.
My duties include:-
• Production of the monthly accounts for each business and presentation of them at the respective management meetings. Inclusive of all of the balance sheet reconciliations
• Production of the year end accounts for each business and presentation of them at the respective management meetings along with completion of the audit packs for submission to the auditors.
• Liaising with the auditors to manage the audit process smoothly at both businesses.
• Management of the company’s cash flow and monthly production of the cash flow forecast.
• Production of the monthly sales and margin report. This shows the management teams what margins they are making on a company by company basis or product by product. This is a key management tool.
• Quarterly VAT returns.
• Quarterly royalties returns and ensuring they are paid in accordance with contractual obligations.
• Management of the companies Debtor insurance. Dealing with a majority of foreign customers it is essential that limits are closely monitored and any defaults are acted upon swiftly.
• Management of Intrastat and EC sales uploads to HMRC.
• Management of the payroll function.
In my first 3 months here I unearthed a major floor in the accounting system that meant incorrect costs were been recognised and the management team were making decisions based on inaccurate information. I put forward a plan that involved a year end change in the way the system works as the basis of the current system is risky and flawed. I have now enacted this plan and 2012 will move forward with significant improvements and less risk.
Prior to this my role was similar but at a railway contractor.
Education Summary: 4 A Levels
Degree in Accounting and Information Systems