- Durham, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I have experience in marketing, market research and developing marketing strategy, promotional literature, sales, copywriting and writing creative content. I am a recent graduatedmore...I have experience in marketing, market research and developing marketing strategy, promotional literature, sales, copywriting and writing creative content. I am a recent graduated to started freelancing to earn some money during my studies and gain valuable experience.
Although my career to date has been heavily weighed towards marketing, my first love is language. I love writing, whether it be to persuade, inform or entertain. I have of experience writing copy for companies in a variety of sectors, including: travel, IT and sport. Furthermore, I have proofread many texts; from blog posts to academic essays and reports. I am fluent in Spanish and have strong skills in translation and interpretation from both English to Spanish and Spanish to English.
Area Covered: Marketing, Translation, Writing, Proofreading, Copywriting, Website Editing, Presentation Development
Job Title: Editor
Company: MBBSoftware Limited
• Proofreading and editing software to ensure its content is grammatically correct.
• Editing website content.
• Contributing articles to the company's blog.
Finished editing the company’s flagship software well ahead of schedule. This allowed the owner to publicise the software for review and finally release it for mass consumption.
Job Title: Durham Business School MSc Programme Induction Challenge Co-ordinator
Company: Durham University
Responsibilities: Co-ordinated and delivered a challenge to new students as part of their induction programme.
Achievements: Liaised with a number of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the various tasks in the challenge were viable, delivered a presentation to a multinational audience of over 200 people, and evaluated students’ efforts. Took ownership of the project from inception to completion. Participation was high, with 210 of 240 students engaging in the challenge. Feedback from the programme director and students was positive.
From: September 2012 To: October 2012
Job Title: Presentation Developer
Company: Mercury Healthcare
Responsibilities: Developed a Powerpoint presentation for a client of Mercury Healthcare to deliver to their sales staff on the importance of pharmaceutical packaging in marketing and driving sales.
Achievements: Demonstrated excellent research skills in an area that I was not particularly familiar with and delivered the presentation to my client ahead of schedule
Job Title: Marketing Assistant
• Marketing the company’s rating services.
• Cultivating relationships and liaising with clients
(directors/senior management) via telephone and email.
• Lead generation and database management.
• Improving promotional literature.
• Monitoring and analysing competitors.
Revenue earned from fees exceeded basic annual salary
Job Title: Business Administrator / HR Advisor
Company: Care Quality Commission
Description: Started at the Care Quality Commission as a Business Administrator. Seconded to the HR department to offer support as an HR advisor.
• Working within the re-deployment team.
• Matching at-risk staff to external positions.
• Liaising with staff and external contacts via email and telephone.
• Using initiative to proactively seek out job matches.
• Developing and streamlining processes.
• Using the organisation’s CRM.
• General administrative tasks.
Implemented a new, personalised redeployment process which involved personalised, proactive job matching resulting in a number of at-risk staff finding alternative employment.
Job Title: Market Researcher
Company: Spa Staff.com
• Identifying target markets.
• Building and maintaining a database of potential targets.
• Calling targets to gather relevant contact information.
• Liaising with Spa Staff’s CEO.
• Collecting research in order to seek out diversification opportunities.
Oversaw the project from conception to completion in the allocated time frame, allowing the company to move on to the next stage of development before launching in January 2011.
Job Title: Student Ambassador
Company: Leeds Metropolitan University
• Talking to prospective students and their parents about the university on open days. I therefore had to adapt my communication style to different audiences by answering student questions regarding social activities and student life in Leeds, and responding to parents’ questions relating to accommodation, academic support, location of important local amenities such as doctor’s/dentist’s surgeries, hospitals, and the reputation of the university.
• Showing new students where to go to register for their courses.
• Accompanying international students on excursions. This involved explaining the history of the cities we visited, timekeeping to ensure that students were back on the bus at the designated time and helping with any queries they had about places of interest and directions.
Field of Study: Management
University / College: Durham Business School
Degree: First Class with Honours
Field of Study: BA (Hons) Languages with International Business
University / College: Leeds Metropolitan University
Degree: A Level
Field of Study: Spanish, English Literature & Business Studies
University / College: The Hermitage School
Spanish-speaking Marketing Professional with Copywriting, Proofreading and Translation Skills