- Diss, GB
- £30 /hr
- Available now
I have a wide range of expertise, asp.net internet based projects, windows desktop/winforms development, database design and integration as well as embedded C coding for Freescale,more...I have a wide range of expertise, asp.net internet based projects, windows desktop/winforms development, database design and integration as well as embedded C coding for Freescale, Microochip, Atmel, TI and Infineon processors. Publishing and graphics conversion experience. Automotive too.
Area Covered: east anglia
Work Experience Summary: Real world interfaces, embedded software for electronics projects (C)
System integration/data conversion
VB, VB.NET, SQL Server, HTML, ASP, ASP.NET
Project management, Customer contact. Documentation.
* Heat and light control systems for aquaria. Development of control software (Motorola MCHC08/C processor) working from circuit diagrams and functional spec. I2C peripherals. Real time power control loop for zero crossing power switching. Evaluation Web server project with Infineon C167 processor with Ethernet controller and TCPIP stack.
Industrial control system for strain gauge calibration. (VB/PC based) data acquisition from soak oven and subject under test. Control of operating temperature via RS232, supply voltages via RS232 and bespoke decade resistor network via PIA.
* Low frequency RF torque measurement system for World Rally Cars - Ford and others. (Xemics/C) Connection to temperature compensated strain gauge bridge. Signal conditioning, PWM RF output. Hardware/software integration.
* Tyre pressure and temperature acquisition for motorsport. (Xemics/C) data acquisition from sensors, bluetooth connectivity.
* Domestic control systems - heat and light. (Pic/C). Analogue data acquisition from temp and light sensors, proprietary RF comms. Interface to QWheel touch sensor (SPI).
* Motorsport electrical power control system. (Infineon Tricore/C). Software control of a \'power FET\' design for electrical power circuits. Hardware output levels and overcurrent protection status monitored and transmitted to host controller via CAN-bus. CAN-bus receipt of circuit override commands for remote control. Software wash/wipe control cycle.
* Motorsport dash display - Atmel AVR/C
* Controller area network systems for motorsport (private project under development) (Infineon C167/C Atmel- Controller Area Network, I2C, SPI.) Range of electrical system products, power control, data acquisition from strain gauges, temperature and pressure sensors, driver input, driver display and logging.
Data acquisition and control system for coal fired power system (PC) Multi-channel analogue data acquisition from conventional power station displays. Real and virtual (from complex maths expressions) display. Graphical status and trend displays.
Fuel flow monitoring system for engine test bed - Piper Cams (PC) Conversion of accurate weight values of fuel reserve, compared with time, in fuel flow display.
* Beer barrel tracking system. (Pocket PC PDA, 1-wire interface). Integration of the Maxim 1-wire labelling technology into PDA with user interface VB/CE and database management - Pocket Access.
Alternative energy (government funded scheme) test rig. (PC/VB) Performance test rig for an vehicle based alternative energy schem - \"EcoInnovations Ltd\". Voltage and current analogue data acquisition, turbine speed and road speed sensing. Real time data processing and database managed storage.
* Cattle management control system (on-going). (Xemics/C) Radio control of hydraulic ram system for agricultural gates. Bluetooth connectivity. Feedback of ram status to operator display. I2C bus for IO expansion.
PC based virtual instrument system - \"Oasis Instruments\". Development of range of software products to convert PC (and other hosts) into virtual instrument systems using analogue and digital data acquisition cards.
Wheel force data acquisition - Silabs 8051/C - bluetooth transmission of XYZ strain gauge sensor output from rotating wheels of Nascar racing car in wind tunnel environment.