- City of London, GB
- £20 /hr
- Available now
First and foremost I possess the ability to listen well, isolate the essentials from a brief and interpret that information with originality and directness. This and other fundamentalmore...First and foremost I possess the ability to listen well, isolate the essentials from a brief and interpret that information with originality and directness. This and other fundamental creative directives were gained initially from working alongside some notable innovators who turned around Direct Marketing, Direct Response, Direct Mail and Sales Promotion (then poor relations) into vibrant and desirable business options.
Following this experience I worked for agencies in Southern Spain, Portugal and Munich, Germany. The two diverse environments required very different creative approaches to get response. This tested and expanded my thinking and outlook, taught me to be resourceful and to handle the unfamiliar with respect. Returning to the UK I undertook various Design Management roles, but throughout I always maintained hands on creative and artwork production input.
15 years using the Apple MAC and I also use a PC . Working with QuarkXpress, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and all Microsoft Office, I work predominantly in 2D for print, but have also managed/contributed to 3D creative solutions. I have designed several web sites and generated the graphic content, but for now use web developers for final production.
My aim in design is clarity a strong idea does not require decoration. I am strong on colour usage, and I am an experienced typographer. I can confidently draw and illustrate, And I have written or edited copy throughout my career.
I would welcome the opportunity to utilise my skills with the full depth of resource available.
Area Covered: Sussex,Surrey,London
Work Experience Summary: I am an experienced Graphic Designer who possesses a powerful creative insight Resourceful, with the ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate initiative within artwork production and design. Strong business awareness within a variety of commercial projects.
Quark Express Photoshop Acrobat Illustrator
InDesign Excel PowerPoint Microsoft Office
Graphic Designer - Freelance/Contract - 2003 to 2008
Clients included: First Financial Advertising, Equity International Investments, Safeguard Asset Management, All Seasons Natural Health, Colemans Farm Childrens Leisure Park, ICAM Limited, Whitehouse Interiors, Langguth Weine, TDG Creative Solutions, Sans Frontiere, PDC Print and Fat Face Designer clothing.
• Designed and produced brochures, reports, catalogues, mailers, marketing material, brand and corporate developments.
• Handled advertising campaigns and designed websites for a variety of bespoke to client requirements. Helped in the development of some clients from small beginnings to substantial businesses. A process that has involved some sensitive issues that rquired careful strategy.
Senior Designer/Manager - Infinite Graphics - 2001 to 2002
Clients included: West Sussex Enterprise House Magazine, Safeguard Domestic Alarm Equipment,Booklines / Stationarylines, Equity International Investments, Perfect Timing and All Seasons Natural Health.
• Assisted with the rebuild of a well known design studio. Restored working links and creative reputation with existing clientele and identified new clients through targeting the publishing sector that was prevalent locally. All of which gained increasing success.
Design Manager - George P Johnson - 2000 to 2001
• Established the design team and brand new department within new London premises. We were responsible for the design and production of all IBM trade show events in Europe and Scandinavia and worked in tandem with the Stuttgart office.
• Oversaw the 3D design and graphic content of each show. Adhered to and maintained strict IBM corporate brand guidelines for their product promotions, and the contractual obligations that were generated from our Boston head office.
• Utilized supportive management skills whilst overseeing a team of four staff and an additional freelance network.
• Designed and had produced a range of 3D interactive sculptures of everyday objects that illustrated IBM’s technology involvements. These were installations at the IBM Southbank Innovation Centre and at IBM Winchester.
Designer (contract) - Gould & Portmans Advertising - 2000 to 2000
Clients included: Cornish Tourist Board, South Western Tourist Board & Exeter Airport
• Worked on major branding pitch for South West Tourism a new tourist board for the West country. And designed brochures for Exeter Airport
• Promoted the Cornish tourist board by creating an advertising series incorporating famous Cornish landmarks with local commentary within the copy.
Designer (contract) - British Airways Holidays - 1999 to 2000
• Contracted into a team to design and produce the 300pp main BA Worldwide brochure and related marketing material. Returned regularly to work on Worlwide and several other promotional projects for the Middle East division. Utilised BA’s unique Quark Ringmaster server system, which enabled efficient handling of vast amounts of material.
Designer (contract) - Corfu Villas Travel - 1999 to 2001
• Regular contract I held for 3 years working exclusively in house with a London villa holiday travel agents. Created the original template for their main brochure and managed the complete design layout and artwork to print production.
Senior Designer - Product Reliability Ltd - 1997 to 1999
Clients Included: UPM (Paper Manufacturers), Godfrey Davis, GEC and Powergen.
• Managed the design studio, responsible for maintaining the existing business, developing and adapting artwork for promotional incentive applications.
• Built up and developed more mainstream design business from the available facility. Which enabled the company to offer clients a broader package of design and artwork services.
Design Manager - Gomark Design - 1996 to 1997
• Headed the in-house design department that was part of the marketing division of thiis 3D graphic software marketing and distribution company. Designed, artworked and subedited brochures and trade advertisements. Promoting product brands, increasing sales and maintaining the Gomark brand.
• Managed and promoted weekly in house software demonstration and conference events, which drew in notable spectators from London’s Architectural, Interior and Product Design community.
Senior Designer - Kom Design (Munich) - 1993 to 1996
Clients Included: Siemens, Osram, Mannesman, Iveco Trucks, M.A.N Trucks. and BMW
• Developed greater mainstream creative design business from existing clients to whom they previously provided purely technical illustration and conference material.
• Applied early influences and utilised experience that digested and interpreted, with originality / directness the client’s brief. Understanding enabled businesses to portray vibrant and desirable marketing options.
• Gained European cultural experiences whilst working in Spain, Portugal and Germany. This opportunity optimised resourcefulness, expanded approaches to work within diverse environments and enabled the handling of unfamiliar issues with care and confidence.
Education Summary: 4 Years WEST SUSSEX COLLEGE OF DESIGN gained SOUTHERN REGION DIPLOMA IN GRAPHIC DESIGN AND ADVERTISING
Senior Graphic Designer