- Dalston, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
I am a highly motivated designer with the experience of running companywide brand & communications projects single handedly through to being an integral part of a creativemore...I am a highly motivated designer with the experience of running companywide brand & communications projects single handedly through to being an integral part of a creative team. I have worked on a vast range of projects, with a variety of clients and deadlines, magazine launches, redesigns, small specialist publications and even a publication that has seen sales of over 1 million copies. No area is out of bounds.
I am passionate about design, social media campaigns and designing magazines that are informative, attractive and make the most from their respective mediums
Particular areas of interest include Digital print design, Event planning, NGO/Charities, European & International affairs & PR/branding
Area Covered: London East/West
Company Name: S&M Designs
Job Title: Digital content developer
Description: Working across 13 points of sale has taught me to design, code and full-fill end-to-end technical requirements for a global brand whilst working within their Media Solutions department. Creating, Home page wallpapers, Retails placements and delivering microsites has given me some great opportunities to develop my visual creative and UI/UX design abilities.
I work closely with our client server managers and two project managers to deliver the microsites, site amendments/updates and bespoke retail creatives to our customers with travel industry.
Job Title: Digital Communications Intern
Company: Médecins sans frontières
Description: Working for MSF has long been an ambition of mine. My daily tasks are to edit the main UK website, establish new connections and write, subedit and upload content.
To date my intern daily tasks have included: project management; creating original content; uploading forwarded content; and evaluating the status quo within the realm of social comms. I have created pages, subedited page content and establish naming conventions for the branding for Facebook and Linked In, whilst adhering and improving web pages.
In the next couple of months I will help MSF with their social media campaign for the film Living in Emergency, improve the layout within the constraints of their CMS, and guide fundraising initiative to create fun and informative marketing resources for "Friends of MSF" and internal MSF branding via the use of Linked In, html emails, Twitter and Facebook custom FBML pages.
Job Title: Visual Designer
Company: Travel Daily Media
Description: My time at Travel Daily Media Group was an interesting step up in my career. Being able to successfully help a company to integrate five regional brands, each with their own market specific USPs, was a fascinating experience, which saw me juggling many tasks at the same time. I learnt a lot, and I developed management skills and language skills by working with international designers from all around the world.
I worked closely with the editorial and sales departments to develop marketing solutions, which would appeal and drive page impressions. The aim was to create a web centric advertising solution with all social media platforms pointing towards the website.
One of the key tasks was to answer briefs and design layouts to fit specific criteria. I was tasked to extent the brand to other platforms and devices whilst staying within the guidelines of the brand. I designed for many different situations and solutions for different formats and screen size – including iOS, Android, Web/CMS, html email, exhibition stands, social media, digital print, ePub & PDF – all of which were kept as a distinctive magazine look. I am very much at home with technology-: I understand the problems and have the ability to communicate the right message in the right way to the right audience.
Most of my work at Travel Daily was about discovering, organising and rebuilding social media, websites and brand material such as media tool kits, press kits and brand bibles. Due to the nature of my role within the company I was tasked with finding if not creating my own solutions.
In the last months of contract my role also included creating & uploading original content and updating the website CMS (built on DotNetNuke) and RSS feeds, as well as pushing articles to various social media platforms.
Job Title: Communications and Visual Designer
Company: Open Mobile Terminal Platform - OMTP (Bondi)
Description: Key Functions:
- Organising Meetings and Company Events
- Over see the setting up of the wholesaleappcommunity.com
- Create, update and group manage content on bondi.omtp.org and
- Communicate with other membres of the organisation for meetings
and changes to diaries.
Job Title: Communications and Visual Designer
Company: Organisation for Friendship and Diversity
Description: Key Roles:
• Implement the web based promotional material.
• Creating attractive colourful bold graphics (logos, brand bible, posters, websites etc...) when needed to attract an audience.
• Work in collaboration with website team to launch localised advertising campaigns.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with various communities within Malta. (This is the main aim of the NGO - to bring together Maltese, Europeans and Africans who inhabit the island).
• Writing copy for online, print & mobile in French and English for promotional campaigns to be used on website and banners, as well as other marketing channels as appropriate;
• Also working with their sister organisation “GetUp, StandUp” to give Malta a platform to administrate volunteers.
• Organising PR events and creating attention to promote the organisation aims within the community.
• Experience of organising and marketing mass-participation events in Malta to a national and international audiences where English is not the first language by using my French.
Degree: International Media
Field of Study: International Media and Graphic Design
University / College: Goldsmiths College, U. of London
Field of Study: Secondary Education
University / College: Centre International de Valbonne