- Morden, GB
- £15 /hr
- Available now
A down-to-earth experienced, efficient translator/transcriptionist/proofreader/copy writer (English/French/Russian) who has lived in England for over 25 years and started workingmore...A down-to-earth experienced, efficient translator/transcriptionist/proofreader/copy writer (English/French/Russian) who has lived in England for over 25 years and started working as a freelance translator/transcriptionist in 1991.
Area Covered: All areas (London)
Job Title: Translator
Company: various agencies
Description: Translation and copy-editing/proofreading of documents and transcription of audio and video files for various agencies and companies based in UK and Europe. Here is a short selection.
• Science/healthcare/business/marketing translation and audio/video transcription for The Word Store (UK)
• IT/website localisation for Version Internationale (France)
• Legal translation for Accent Translations Multilingual (Guernsey)
• Copy-writing, re-writing, editing (online content) for various clients and agencies.
• E-commerce translations for London Translations (UK)
• Websites/software localisation for Computer Crafthall/Peter Sims – IT company (UK)
• Translating technical/mechanical documents for World Writers (UK)
• Financial, commercial and legal translations for Transperfect (UK)
• Commercial, market research and legal translations for Push International (UK)
• Market Research/Government/Public sector translations for The Language Factory (UK)
• Commercial/legal translations for 3IC International (France)
• Legal translations for Accent Translations (UK)
• Legal & marketing translation for EU-Coordination (France)
• Market Research translation for Alphabet Translations (Germany)
• Commercial/financial translations for Today Translations (UK)
• Transcription for European Commission via TTI Network (UK)
• Transcribing audio and video files for Ronachan Films (documentaries for Channel 4, BBC, ITV….)
• Transcription of audio/video files for Orient Script Worldwide (programme for ITV1)
• Transcribing and translating work for the BBC and the European Broadcasting Union
• Translating articles that were later published in French magazines such as Bourgogne Aujourd'hui, L'Amateur de Bordeaux...
• Translating the contents of a CD Rom on wine later released by Bacchus/François Mauss, President of Grand Jury Européen.
• Wine-related translation of websites for http://www.businessediting.com (France)
• Translating wine estate profiles commissioned by various wine-growers and proprietors in France (e.g. Châteaux Palmer, D'Angludet, Trottevieille, Le Tertre Roteboeuf, etc. in Bordeaux; Domaine Des Comtes Lafon, Domaine Drouhin, Domaine Ramonet, etc. in Burgundy; Maison Paul Jaboulet Aîné in the Rhône Vallée, Mas de Daumas Gassac in the Languedoc, etc., etc.).
• Translation of articles and magazine extracts for journalist Clive Coates MW. Proof-reading and on-screen editing of Clive Coates' articles, monthly magazine The Vine and six of his most comprehensive books on wine.
• Directly involved in the publication of six of Clive Coates' prestigious books on wine. This involved, amongst other things, research, checking sources, proofreading and editing. See acknowledgements.
• Worked in close collaboration with long-established British and American publishers (Weidenfeld & Nicolson (Cassell), Mitchell Beazley, the University of California Press...).
• Proofreading and on-screen editing of Clive Coates' articles, monthly magazine The Vine and six of his most comprehensive books on wine.
Education Summary: •Polytechnic of Central
London 1989 – 1990
Cambridge Proficiency (First Degree equivalent; Paper in Translation from and into French: Pass Grade A).
•E.A.D. Le Mans
Le Mans, France
French Baccalauréat (considered comparable to the overall GCE Advanced/Scottish Advanced Higher standard).
•Collège Notre Dame Du Foyer
Le Mans, France
Brevet d'Enseignement Professionnel (BEP CSS: comparable to a standard between N/SVQ level 2/City & Guilds level 2 and N/SVQ level 3 / City& Guilds level 3)
French/English/Russian translator/proofreader/editor/copy writer