- London, GB
- £7 /hr
- Available now
Highly IT oriented professional accountant with more than 10 Years solid and detailed background knowledge in purchase ledger, sales ledger, management accounting, compliancemore...Highly IT oriented professional accountant with more than 10 Years solid and detailed background knowledge in purchase ledger, sales ledger, management accounting, compliance and external audit, working in different business sectors with a proven ability for self-initiation and good team participation.
Area Covered: London
Work Experience Summary: 2007-Present MPS Group international
• Assist in weekly group cash reporting.
• Co-ordinate monthly VAT payments on account and quarterly VAT return submissions for group companies in a timely manner.
• Assist in monthly corporate management reporting.
• Support in the management of all internal and external audits.
• Co-ordinate Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls testing.
• Ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley controls are completed and signed off on a timely basis and relevant records are appropriately maintained.
• Provide support with regard to any queries relating to Inland Revenue.
• Preparation of group financial statements and consolidation.
• Prepare workings for corporation tax provisions.
• Provide ad hoc financial analysis and support for projects as required by the Compliance Manager
2005-2007 London City Airport
• Voted employee of the year in accounts for designing developing and implementing an MS access based invoicing system which allows the user to raise invoice post and transfer invoice details to accounting software in a standard EDR format, generate reports for Cost of sales reconciliation and other customer specific reports . the new system helped in eliminating more than 50% of the previous data entry
• I have designed a standard Excel spreadsheet which pull out information from a Text file report and arrange the details in a format suitable for easy adjustment which will significantly reduce the time to get the information ready by 30%
Was responsible for various cost centers to in preparation of management accounts that includes making monthly meetings with each cost center manager to go though the accounts identify variances and the necessary adjustments and corrections in each cost center accounts before the account review, participate in each c0st center account review, assist in management account reviews, help in reconciling inter company accounts, assisted in updating and reconciling fixed asset register and help with various adhoce activities including clearing suspense accounts.
2004- Present DATATEQ LTD
Accounts and administration manger
Being the only accountant of the office I look after all the accounting issue. Using sage line 50 Imputing sales and purchase transaction, bank payment, receipts, issuance of invoices, statement of accounts and chasing debtors for settlement of balances, preparation of bank and sales ledger reconciliation, preparation of monthly VAT returns, preparation of monthly payroll sheet and PAYE returns, Responsible for preparing and dealing with all year end tax matters. Preparation of final accounts that include income and expenditure statement. Balance sheet and cash flow statements with all the necessary breakdowns. And
2002-2004 Express International Travel
General Sales Agent for British airways
• Prepared sale report manual, which facilitates foreign currency transfer from 3 months to just 25 days.
• Established a complete accounting system guidelines and tips to be used t as a reference for previous or ambiguous transactions and facilitate a consistent and transparent reporting mechanism.
I look after all the accounting issue Preparation of final accounts that include income and expenditure statement. Balance sheet and cash flow statements with all the necessary breakdowns, Prepare weekly credit card and Excess baggage sale for Head office, prepare and send monthly management account prepare total BA sale for monthly sales audit, facilitate & chase an early foreign transfer of funds and all other accountancy matters.
2002-2004 The Express Travel group
(An American Express Travel Service Representative in Ethiopia)
• Successfully Changed previous system of manual invoice preparation to an MS access based customer sales management database system that results ultimate reduction of accounts department cost by 20%.
• Designed, introduced and implemented a monthly management reporting system
• Introduced an account reconciliation system with various airlines, and BSP which insures early identifications and elimination for discrepancy, amounting more than USD 50, 000 before.
Appraise information for the preparation of financial and other statements and other accounts. Prepare and present financial and other statements and accounts. Advise on relevant regulatory obligations. Introduction of new / changes to accounting Make recommendations to reduce costs and enhance value. Monitor the work of others.
1996 - 2001 Getachew kassaye & co.
Chartered Certified Accountants, Addis Ababa
1999-2001 Senior Accountant/ Auditor
Allocating jobs among assistant auditors in the assignment. Co-ordinate the delivery of statutory audit evidence. Reviewing financial statements against the evidence collected in the audit process. Advising and consulting with appropriate personnel on audit concerns. Preparing and formal report to express an opinion on the truth and fairness of financial statement.
1997-1999 Semi- Senior Accountant/ Auditor
Up on assignment by the senior auditor perform detail review of accounts. Collect sufficient evidences, which will enable to for an opinion on the truth and fairness of financial statements. Maintain the recoding and storage of evidence against audit requirements. Evaluate the financial information produced by an organization. Reviewing the work of assistant auditors. Compute the tax payable to the client.
1996-1997 Assistant Accountant/ Auditor
Recording and testing accounting and internal control system. Summarize and report discrepancies regarding the above. Make enquires to appropriate client personnel regarding internal control. Observe and report the clients operations. Attend client’s stocktaking in accordance with the overall stock count procedure and audit program. Obtain background data for the purpose of audit planning.
Education Summary: 1998- 2003 university.
BA in Accounting
1994 • 1996 Addis Ababa Commercial College.
Diploma in Commerce
1997-2002 The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Association of Chartered Certified Accountant member (ACCA)