- Sutton, GB
- £14.95 /hr
- Available now
I am a recently (start of June) redundant sales executive. I have been in the training industry since 1985 - selling IT Training since 1992. Along with new business developmentmore...I am a recently (start of June) redundant sales executive. I have been in the training industry since 1985 - selling IT Training since 1992. Along with new business development and account management my experience includes managing IT Training projects, managing sales teams, market research, customer service and running a sales administration team.
Area Covered: London, Surrey, anywhere commutable
Work Experience Summary: 2008 • 2009 New Business Development Manager • Systems & Network Training Ltd. A small family run business; t/o c. £1m. Instructor led networking & telecoms training.
• Acquiring new prospects • e.g. Fujitsu Telecom, Inmarsat & Reuters
• Selling our learning solutions • 100% new business
• Preparing bids and presenting them • e.g. small database migration at Reuters and IP Design at Fujitsu.
2006 • 2008 Account Manager • PPI Learning Services Ltd. A mid sized generalist IT training provider (instructor led and e-learning • Project & Service Management, End User, Microsoft, Citrix, HP, etc.) owned by venture capitalist; t/o c. £10m.
• Sold Oracle reports project at Network Rail • c. £100k
• Other projects sold include NWD at Network Rail and IMS Bids at the Housing Corporation (both c. £35k).
• Developed new business • e.g. DTA at CB Richard Ellis
• Consistently achieved agreed targets
2004 • 2005 New Business Manager • Key Training Solutions. A small family owned instructor led IT training provider (End User, Microsoft, Cisco, Business Skills, etc.); t/o c. £2m.
• Managed desk top application public schedule and reduced delivery costs by c. 40%
• Managed our weekly and monthly email marketing campaigns, both IT Technical and Desk Top thereby maximising course profitability.
• Developed new business • e.g. with HMPS (c. £40k per annum).
1992 • 2003 Parity Training Ltd. A leading general instructor led IT training provider(Systems & Business Analysis/Design, Project & Service Management, MS, Unix, Oracle, Cisco, etc.), part of the Parity Group; t/o c. £23m
2000 • 2003 Central Sales Manager. Promoted due to success as Area Sales Manager, I managed / recruited a team of 9 (including 4 telesales / call centre staff).
• Ensured that I and my team achieved targets (c. £5m).
• Reduced costs (temp staff) by increasing the efficiency of the administration of our scheduled courses (14,000 bookings per annum, totalling £13m).
• Increased revenue from my largest accounts (L&G and Prudential) by 40% & 25% respectively.
1997 • 1999 Area Sales Manager. I recruited, trained and managed a successful team of 4 sales people.
• Recruited, trained and managed a successful team of 4 sales people
• Sold largest training project to date to BAe Airbus • c. £500k
• Other successful projects sold included MoD (£70k • DTA) and L&G (£100k • COBOL)
• Consistently overachieved targets (c. £3m)
1992 • 1996 Sales Executive.
• Major projects won include ETB / BTA (tailored project / service management roll out • c. £70k) and Leeds City Council (project management • c. £60k).
• Consistently achieved or exceeded targets (c. £750k)
1987 • 1992 Sales Executive • British Safety Council. A registered charity promoting health and safety at work; t/o c £9m.
• Consistently met monthly targets
• Won Top Salesman’ Award in 1988 and 1989
1985 • 1987 TEFL Trainer • Videolangue. Part of a small group, my school was located off the Champs Elysees.
• Teaching English as a foreign language to French business people
1984 • 1985 Office Junior / Negotiator • Kilbride Estate Agent. A small family owned agency based in Dublin.
• Showing properties to clients
• Helping with repossessions
• General Administration
Education Summary: Trinity College Dublin, BA (Hons.) - 2.I (in history)
Sales Executive (IT Training)