- Edinburgh, GB
- £17.50 /hr
- Available now
Three years of experience in providing Tax or Accounting compliance services to individuals (including HNWs), businesses (especially LLPs) and incorporated companies. I have currentlymore...Three years of experience in providing Tax or Accounting compliance services to individuals (including HNWs), businesses (especially LLPs) and incorporated companies. I have currently taken time-off to pursue with the ACCA qualification. My tax compliance technical knowledge in two of the 'Top 6' UK accounting firms along with the ability to use both the system (i.e. paper-based and paperless) and tax-efficient procedures put me in a good position to make a valuable contribution towards the team and hence add value to the portfolio/company.
Area Covered: United Kingdom but prefer anywhere within Midlands
Work Experience Summary: Name: Grant Thornton UK LLP
* Preparation, including various computations (e.g. income and business tax computations, various types of UK/foreign capital gains tax computations, detailed UK/foreign dividends and money market schedules (applying DTR), UK/foreign property income schedules (applying PPR relief), and non-domiciled days schedule etc), and submission of several different tax returns (i.e. individuals, HNWs, self-employments, partnerships and incorporated companies) for clients based in the regional office using paper-based system.â€¨* Dealing with billings and correspondence with clients, HMRC and third parties. Performing other ad hoc duties within the tax team.
* Responsibility of handling a portfolio of passive investment clients, supported by the respective managers or partners, and dealing with PAYE Coding matters, NI deferment forms, pension forms, billings and other administrative issues relating to the portfolio.
* Participation for several internal team meetings and external training to update tax technical knowledge.
* The most stimulating experience was participation in a very complex tax team project based in Euston office.
Name: PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP
* Preparation, including various computations, and submission of several different tax returns (i.e. individuals, HNWs, trusts, self-employments and partnerships) from wide diversity of clients based in different offices (i.e. Newcastle, Birmingham, Cambridge) using paperless system.
* Regularly liaising with HMRC on a daily basis (e.g. setting up UTR’s, updating client's information, setting up authority using online HMRC facility).
* Each preparation of tax returns brings its own individual challenges and that’s what makes PwC such a stimulating place to work. Also received a recognition reward by the national PwC team for the work performed during November and December 2007 period.
* Participated in the intensive training for the first two weeks to have basic understanding of preparing tax returns and using several different bespoke packages. I was also given
opportunity for additional training at Newcastle in November 2007, which involved the preparation of individual partners returns and partnership returns for two of the most reputable limited liability partnerships (LLPs) in the UK.
Name: Several FTSE Companies
* Batching, registering and posting invoices using several different type of systems and recorded rent posting using academy package. Journal posting of purchase card, monthly payroll and corporate credit card.
* Prepared various form of reconciliation’s using DEMA and Movex package. Assisted in investigation of the two systems.
* Assisted the credit controller colleagues in chasing SSAS (Self-Administrated Pension Scheme) debtors.
* Liased with the purchase team leader with regards to copy invoices and any adjustment required (e.g. wrong entry, incorrect amount paid).
* Other ad hoc duties to maintain the smooth running of the system and the team e.g. sending cheques to sales return clients, post inspection report.
* The highlight, during the gap year work, was successfully installing the mail merge system designed for two templates letters at Hornbuckle Mitchell Group PLC thereby ensuring sufficient time is saved.
* The most stimulating task, during the gap year work, was using the Bostik Limited corporate credit card details of individual employees for the VAT transactions.
* Account preparation for small businesses e.g. florists, bakery and garage businesses.â€¨* Prepared annual account (e.g. Profit and Loss account, Balance Sheet, Fixed Asset Schedule) of individual clients by looking at computations of the individual balances. â€¨* Calculated VAT returns for the clients using the data from sale and purchase invoices and on one occasion prepared tax return. Other tasks included calculating monthly employees wages and providing advice on creditors payments. â€¨* Used Sage package to handle an estate agent and property management company (Ltd).
Summary: ACCA (Finalist)
London School of Business and Finance
Field of Study: Accounting
University / College: Cardiff University